Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 Marketplace
 The Cluck top of page 23-Seed Bag
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Marketplace: Previous Topic The Cluck top of page 23-Seed Bag Next Topic  

bdhughes77
True Blue Farmgirl

126 Posts

Debbie
Menomonie WI
USA
126 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  3:39:32 PM  Show Profile
On page 23 in the May issue of the Cluck is a partial picture of what appears to be a seed bag purse/tote...does anyone know how I could get one of these??? It's not often I see something that I "Just Have To Have" but this is one of those times. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Debbie in WI

Count your blessings!

Nigella
True Blue Farmgirl

386 Posts

Nigella
Chimacum WA
USA
386 Posts

Posted - May 06 2010 :  3:45:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie,
I found some that look similar on Etsy.com. Search 'feed sack' on the site and the next page you can choose bags and purses on the left.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
~Thomas Edison~
Sister #1213

www.thecapriciouscorgi.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

bdhughes77
True Blue Farmgirl

126 Posts

Debbie
Menomonie WI
USA
126 Posts

Posted - May 06 2010 :  7:12:48 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Nigella...it's in the new issue of MJ's magazine and I checked out the Etsy site for the maker but she doesn't have that particular one listed. I'll try your suggestion next. Actually tonight I started crocheting my own little doilies to go across the top of one that I'm planning on making myself. The only problem is I have tried putting grommets in before and always end up wrecking whatever I've made so I'm kind of nervous because I really like the look of those handles. Wow, nothing like obsessing over a purse!!!

Count your blessings!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16411 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16411 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  5:38:46 PM  Show Profile
Dearest Debbie,

The purse you're wondering about is mine and of course I understand purse obsessions! I used a couple of feedsacks and several doilies to make it. It's also lined with two pockets sewn on the inside. First, I tea-stained everything using the directions in the latest issue. I made the handles using upholstery piping covered with leftover pieces from the feedsacks. I couldn't find grommets that worked so they are held in place with a blanket stitch around each one. Maybe a close-up photo would help you???? I may have some of the little circular doilies left and would be happy to send them to you. I was just in NYC (the city of purses) but no one had a purse quite like mine!

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

bdhughes77
True Blue Farmgirl

126 Posts

Debbie
Menomonie WI
USA
126 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  6:17:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Mary Jane,
Thanks so much for the info. I would like to see a close up of the handle area with the blanket stitch if you have the time. I have some old feed sacks that I'm going to use for the sides and the back but they don't have writing on them but...I do have a heavy kitchen towel with feed sack advertising so I'm planning on using that. I appreciate your offer of the doilies but I've already started crocheting some so I'm good on that count. Again, thanks for your time and when I get the purse done I'll post a picture so you can see how it turned out!!

Debbie

Count your blessings!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16411 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16411 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  5:28:36 PM  Show Profile
Back

Front

Lining

Button hides strap seam

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

bdhughes77
True Blue Farmgirl

126 Posts

Debbie
Menomonie WI
USA
126 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  6:31:53 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mary Jane!

Debbie

Count your blessings!
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  05:46:07 AM  Show Profile
MaryJane,
After seeing your purse in NYC I have been searching Etsy and Ebay for one similar! Any chance you might be making some at the farm and selling them on your site? It is the cutest bag!!!!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

DuckGirlMass
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Candida
Leicester MA
USA
218 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  4:12:42 PM  Show Profile  Send DuckGirlMass an AOL message  Send DuckGirlMass a Yahoo! Message
awesome bag!! I love it! I would buy one for sure!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.....
www.etsy.com/shop/SomethingWiccan
http://stores.ebay.com/Something-Wiccan-Buffalo-Carvings
www.somethingwiccanwares.com
Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2569 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2569 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  5:24:40 PM  Show Profile
I love it!
Connie

www.NatureMaiden.com -Handcrafted Bath & Body Products that I make myself- including soaps, salves, lotion bars, lip balms, natural deodorants, body sprays, hydrosols, salt scrubs, and MUCH more!

http://naturemaidenbathbodyproduct.blogspot.com/(Business Blog)

http://flowerchild-lifeinthegarden.blogspot.com/(Personal blog)

Go to Top of Page
  Marketplace: Previous Topic The Cluck top of page 23-Seed Bag Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page