Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Need a good chichen recipe for Homecoming at churc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Need a good chichen recipe for Homecoming at churc Next Topic  

garliclady
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Reidsville NC
274 Posts

Posted - May 04 2006 :  09:53:36 AM  Show Profile
I usually bake my usual Chocolate Cake , bring some bread , and a big salad with fresh garden goodies in it and no meat for homecoming at church and there is usually plenty of food.

This year a famous gospel singer "Janet Paschel" who grew up in our church is coming home and doing a free concert for homecoming. They have asked members to bring more food than usual because we expect a BIG crowd. I thought about a chicken dish- "casserole type" where I can stretch the chicken and will be easy to bring ??
Any ideas?? I don't make a lot of meat casseroles I like sauteing etc.

My Farm http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=140532&ck=
My Recipes http://recipecircus.com/recipes/garliclady/
]
My blog http://www.epicourier.com/Garliclady/

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 04 2006 :  10:28:11 AM  Show Profile
well one I like is, kind of like a tuna casserole, but with chicken
I buy a big old roaster put in in a covered pan in the oven until done, take all the meat off, put it in with egg noodles, butter, milk, cream of mush soup, swiss cheese, whatever else you think would go good, put in a throw away dish or your own and put in the oven till hot. enough milk and butter so it won't be dry, and of course cook the noodles first.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - May 05 2006 :  10:13:57 AM  Show Profile
I have a great mexican casserole that you might like. I can e-mail it to you if you like.

Mary

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 05 2006 :  1:49:58 PM  Show Profile
I have a chicken lasagna. It is really good. Email me if you want it!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  2:41:59 PM  Show Profile
You may have already had the homecoming. If you still want recipes, I have one recently tried out: Chicken Provencal. It has bulb fennel, red pepper, onion, garlic, roma tomato, etc. Really easy and pretty fast to put together. By the way, I love Janet Paschel's old music :) Hope it's a good homecoming. Email if you want the recipe.

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Need a good chichen recipe for Homecoming at churc Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page