True Blue Farmgirl

212 Posts

marlyn-neleh
norwood Ontario
Canada
212 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  05:46:44 AM  Show Profile
Anyone else here the "sandwich Generation"

My parents live in the city a 50+km drive away. I am the only daughter with 6 brothers but also the only one living close to them. They are in the 80's and depend on me for everything.

My 23 year old daughter lives in the near by village and has two daughters ( my granddaughters). She depends on me to babysit for free sometimes short notice.

I still have children at home that need my care on a daily bases.

At times I feel choked with responsibilities, but freely give as I love them all.

Marlyn

http://sweetlocuslane.blogspot.com

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  06:39:14 AM  Show Profile
I am right there with you, Marlyn. I have been taking care of a 92 year old lady til she got a full time live in helper. I also take care of my granddaughter all the time. I think my DD takes me for granted too much. I have told her she needs to find other people. Then my parents are buying a home here to be near us. They are thinking that I will be here to take care of them too. I am a middle child so I think this is in my blood to be a caregiver. I love my parents and my grands and will do all I can. But I also am a very selfish person and like time for me. So it's hard.

I hope ya'll can work things out so you can have some free time to yourself. We all need that!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Sandwich Generation Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page