Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Machine embroidery needed:)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Machine embroidery needed:) Next Topic  

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  05:21:35 AM  Show Profile
I was wondering if anyone has a machine that will embroider hats? I have an embroidery machine but I can't do hats. I am looking for someone to do me about 5 hats. I have the hats, the floppy with the pattern, and the thread as well as any stabalizer etc, I just need someone who can do the embroidery. If you can help me out in any way I would appreciate it.
I have many things to barter for. I have LOTS of vintage linens, fabric, yarn, books, handmade purses etc.....
Please let me know if you can help. I am wanting to do this for my husband for father's day. Thank you in advance:)

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  07:02:54 AM  Show Profile
Angela, have you tried embroidering onto a sticky stabilizer and then adhering it to your hat? You might have to hand sew to make sure it stays put.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  08:09:33 AM  Show Profile
Betty, I have looked for that stabalizer but can't find it around here, so I guess I will have to start searching online for some.

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Go to Top of Page

kareyes65
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Kim
Roseville MI
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  1:22:27 PM  Show Profile
Angela,
The easiest way to do this is to embroider on a piece of fabric that will not fray. Use something maybe polyester and on the thin side. Hoop a piece of "stiffy" stabilizer and then use the temporary spray adhesive to stick your fabric onto your hooped stabilizer. Before you start to embroider, slice another piece or two of the stiffy stabilizer and embroider your design. Once done, cut the design out and then get some 3M brand "Super 77" spray. Have everything ready and do this outside, in the garage or a very well ventilated area. This stuff is pretty strong smelling. Spray the back of your cut out design (pretty good amount but not dripping, a couple of passes will do) then press the design to your hat. Caution, you will not be able to remove the design once placed, this stuff really sticks and is permanent. You may want to mark your placement on you hat with a small dot or something to make sure you put it where you want it. Press it down really good and leave alone for awhile. Your design will be stuck on your hat for good.
Hope these directions are not too confusing. It really is a quick and easy way to do it, sometimes I can't type out what I can explain in person, kwim?
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Kim
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  2:05:28 PM  Show Profile
Never mind.....I found someone here to do it. I do not want to sew the design onto something else. These will be business hats, that I am giving my husband for father's day and his birthday. I want the design on the hat. So thanks for all of the suggestions, but I will go with a professional on this one.

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Go to Top of Page

shabby-mama
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Nicola
Fowlerville Mi
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  08:49:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Angela,
I am slow with replying and see that you have someone to do this. If it doesn't work out, I have a hat hoop for one of my machines ( love it too :)).

Nicola

Edited by - shabby-mama on Apr 29 2010 08:50:01 AM
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Machine embroidery needed:) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page