Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Somebody please go bid on this!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Somebody please go bid on this! Next Topic  

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  11:31:35 AM  Show Profile
I saw this gorgeous chicken scratch quilt the other day on eBay and was shocked today when I saw no one had bid on it. $50 for this is nothing, but I just don't have the $50 to spend on it as I'm going right now to possibly pick up my vintage trailer!!! But some one has to get this. Considering it took me a couple hours to do my first chicken scratch which was a little 3 inch heart on an apron, I couldn't imagine how many countless hours went into this! There is even a signature square of the lady who made it. Anyways, just thought I would post a link so you all could see how cute and fantastic this is!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chicken-Scratch-Quilt-Top-Embroidery-Summer-Bedspread-/370367386331?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Quilts&hash=item563b9dd2db

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  11:36:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh...and there is less than 5 hours left on the auction!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  11:51:43 AM  Show Profile
It is so pretty but I am broke too. I wish I could get it. Did you get your trailer? I sure hope you got it.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  12:13:04 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kris. The trailer that I was originally looking at is still up for auction, but I found another one on craigslist this week that is really cute and looks to be in great shape. It's a 1962 Fan trailer and has the same "canned ham" style as the Shasta. Hubby and I are on our way to look at it now. I hope it's the right one for us!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  4:13:19 PM  Show Profile
Siobhan, I hope you get your trailer! I bid on the quilt...wish me luck. So far I am the only bidder.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  4:18:30 PM  Show Profile
me too! let us know & post pics too! lucky girl!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  4:23:27 PM  Show Profile
I won the quilt top! I can't believe all the work that went in to it. It is just a quilt top, I may have to back it or just use it for summer.

farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  4:44:33 PM  Show Profile
Yay Diane! You will have to tell us if it's as pretty in person! I just can't imagine how long it would take to make it, ya know? Definitely a labor of love! I did get the trailer today! It's more than I ever expected to be able to get. A lot of them out there are in such bad shape and the one I got is in beautiful condition. I posted a pic in outpost and I hope to post some interior pics pater on.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  05:49:42 AM  Show Profile
Yeah! The quilt came today, it is gorgeous! It is a quilt top only though. I bid on it because I just couldn't let all that hand work go to waste. You wouldn't believe all the stiches in it. It would fit a queen bed easily. I have not quilted in years, another project on the to do list. Thanks Siobhan for alerting me on this.

farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  06:21:02 AM  Show Profile
Time to shine up those old quilting skills, Diane! I wish we lived closer and I could come help you. I don't know much about quilting, but I think it would be fun to do some hand quilting with a friend. I can't wait to see what you do with it! You will have to post pictures.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Somebody please go bid on this! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page