Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 Need recommendations for B&B in Ohio Amish Country
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Need recommendations for B&B in Ohio Amish Country Next Topic  

bluebellequilts
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Teresa
Georgia
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  09:50:48 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! This looked like the best forum to pose my question!

I'm taking my mom (age 65) to Ohio's Amish Country for a mother/daughter getaway in early June. There are so many B&B's listed on the travel websites. Do any of you have a favorite you'd like to share? I'm looking to splurge a little - maybe incorporate some pampering at a local spa.

Thanks!

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  4:26:16 PM  Show Profile
I haven't been in that area but look for one near activities you would like to do or that offers you the time together you want. If they have websites you might be able to find other customer comments. Good luck. I love B&Bs.

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

HorseLady
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Rose
Irwin PA
USA
87 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  6:49:03 PM  Show Profile
I haven't stayed at a B&B in the area. I normally just do motels. I assume you are going to Holmes county? Having been there a few times, I would recommend something NOT right in Berlin if you are looking for quiet. But if you like to be in the hub of all the stores, they are mostly in Berlin. A B&B that is off the main drag in town would be nice because anything on that main highway (can't remember what it is) is alot of traffic.

Hug a horse or a dog today!
Go to Top of Page

Sara317
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Sara
Munroe Falls Ohio
22 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  3:26:27 PM  Show Profile
Check out a place called the Honeycombs in Holmes County.
Go to Top of Page

bluebellequilts
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Teresa
Georgia
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  07:12:10 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info. We are going to Longaberger HQ and Holmes County. B&Bs are a treat for me because my husband will only stay in a chain hotel when we travel. Mom likes B&Bs, so that's why we're looking for one instead of a hotel for at least one night of our trip.

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  07:45:25 AM  Show Profile
We stayed recently at "A day in the Country" in Berlin. the couple who own it are very sweet and the Breakfast was yummy.
Their prices were quite good and you can walk to all the shops in Berlin. It is right on the main street.
I love going down there. If you are a quilter, it is heaven. There is a terrific discount fabric store right in the same place as the flea market, sorry, can't remeber the name but the prices are great. Don't miss it.
Have a great time.
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

HorseLady
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Rose
Irwin PA
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  8:16:32 PM  Show Profile
I just got back from that area and brought back a bunch of publications that I can mail to you if you send me your info There are a ton of B&B's listed in there. And you'll have to try Mrs. Yoder's Kitchen , which is listed as Millersburg, but is actually in Mt. Hope. They have this salad bar with alot of neat salads like you've never tasted before, homemade desserts and usually 2 hot foods.
It wasn't crowded this week while I was there, in Berlin. It is a quilter's heaven there. I'm not a quilter but enjoyed looking in 2 really nice quilt shops. We didn't do the auction in Mt. Hope this trip, but that is neat. It's more or less like a flea market but alot of Amish go there and they auction off their produce. It's an interesting experience.

Hug a horse or a dog today!
Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic Need recommendations for B&B in Ohio Amish Country Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page