Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Was is something I said????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Was is something I said???? Next Topic  

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  08:15:17 AM  Show Profile
Alrighty spokane area ladies, Karin and I can not be the only ones out here. is it something I said that has sparked so little interest? Is there anyone out there? I feel like I'm out here all by my lonesome! Sure hope to hear from some nearby neighbors soooooooooon!!! Karin, mid May sounds dandy to me to have a little get-together!! Happy May..Here's looking forward to hearing from you all...Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  11:00:07 AM  Show Profile
Julia,

I'm way over in Rathdrum, just over the border, or I would've answered you. Medical Lake seems a little far for me. But maybe....

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - May 07 2006 :  8:21:49 PM  Show Profile
Julia,
I was thinking maybe our Post Falls Chapter could meet with you all later in the summer. Our small group is closed as we want to remain small for awhile. But we are open to field trips or doing things with others from time to time. This is a busy time for us as I drive an ice cream truck and this is my busiest time and one of our gals just opened a produce stand. But, like I said we may be able to meet with you Spokane gals at a later date. I think we are planning on going to Farm Fair as a group. So maybe we can look for you there.
Pamela
Kindred Spirits Chapter

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  06:56:38 AM  Show Profile
Annart, eeks!! don't know what's going on with the emails...hmmmmm puzzling..Blueroses, Rathdrum does sound a little far...But we are not getting together very often so maybe once in awhile you can join us. Have you considered joining the Post Falls group? Photobugs, I would LOVE to host you Kindred Spirits out here on the farm.. You drive an Icecream truck??!!! Let me just say, "Can I be your best friend?? pleeeeeeeease!!!" How fabulous.. That was definitely a highlight in my childhood days! We'll just stay connected here and as the summer winds down a little we'll set up a date. The end of summer is a mighty glorious time out here.. Harvest time is ALWAYS great fun! Today I'm buying supplies for a new irrigation drip system for my You Pick flower and pumpkin patch! We'll see if I can pull this one off. I'm in the early stages of pregnancy so my energy runs awfully low by mid-day, which is starting to put a mild cramp in my style!! I'll do what I can and make future plans for what I can't..no worries!
Thanks for connecting.. Many happy regards, Julia Hayes

Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  12:22:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls. Just to let you know (I've already e-mailed Emily), Emily was just getting e-mails from a topic that she had subscribed to. The "subscribe to this forum" feature is confusing to new members sometimes because they think that to post they need to subscribe. But what the subscription feature does is to send you an e-mail each time someone replies to that topic so that you can keep track of what people are responding to your post. Read more about it in the Member Tips topic in the Welcome forum.

Thanks all!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

Mrs Tiggywinkle
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Sara
Spokane WA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - May 10 2006 :  5:38:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julia!
I've been MIA for a while- but ready to jump back in. Had a bit too much on my plate for a while there, what w/the new "water feature" (aka "little niagara" going in)
I'm sitting here watching the sparrows' acrobatics- I love those little guys!
I'll need to catch up on the boards & find out what everybody's up to- it's never a dull moment in the world of farmgirls.
One thing I've got going on is a big bbq in June- I would LOVE it if the Spokane Farmgirls + families could come. It's on June 24th- let me know who might be interested. Here's a bit of info:
http://www.spokaneoutdoors.com/bbq.htm (and yes, it's the same wkend as hoopfest!)
Love, Sara

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  06:49:44 AM  Show Profile
SARA!!! YEAH, so glad you are back. I was wondering what you were up to..I was picturing you ripping out roses and putting in a veggie garden!I haven't made the date yet for a get together.. I'm thinking early June. I forgot that I've got a fundraiser garage sale at the end of this month and then the first weekend in June I'll be out of town.. I planning to have a bunch of stuff ready to make nametags for farm fair. Are you planning on going? I was accepted as a vendor.. I am soooo excited and will be selling some clothes and other handmade things.. VERY exciting. I'm bringing my little ones too and we are planning to camp out. I think I've lost my mind somewhat but I think it will be huge fun.. Farm Fair is a totally mellow environment so I think it will be perfecto! Can't wait to see you again and am just thrilled you are back with us.. Your party sounds yummmmmmmmmmo!!! Can't wait to see your water feature too..
Have a great day.. I'm going to blow off preschool today and play outside allll day..shhhhh don't tell!
Cheers, Julia Hayes

Go to Top of Page

Mrs Tiggywinkle
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Sara
Spokane WA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  07:41:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi Julia, I'm hoping to go to the Farm Fair- that's so exciting that you're a vendor! Woot, woot!
My cousin from IL is coming out that wkend- she's totally a farm girl-type, so may be up for going & camping over. We're still working out the logistics.
Have fun playing hooky! Sounds like just what the dr ordered.
Love, Sara

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  07:53:55 AM  Show Profile
Sara, it would soooo be worth the trip to Farm Fair. Even a day trip is totally no big deal! Really, the drive to MaryJane's farm is absolutely gorgeous! I think its only 90 minutes to 2 hours max..very easy. Lasy year, I drove down early Saturday morning to set up my booth (was a vendor last year too) and came home that evening. It was actually a surreal kind of day....just one of those really beautiful, all the planets are aligned and everything seems right in the universe kind of moments.. I relished in that for days and days. I suspect this year will be similar! May I also add that the food is to die for! They make this strawberry shortcake...well, let's just say, yummmmmmmo!! They also have the falafel that is excellent too. This year, I'm hoping to abandon my booth for a little while and go strawberry picking and really tour the farm for a while.. I'll have my kids in tow, but they're really mellow about those sorts of things...I'm off to greet the day..in door projects first and then outside in a few hours when things heat up a little!
many smiles, Julia Hayes

Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 22 2006 :  4:10:49 PM  Show Profile
Julia,

Keep me in mind for the next gathering. I suppose I should venture out further in WA every once in awhile. Thanks!

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Was is something I said???? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page