New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Music for gift giving Next Topic  

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2004 :  09:26:25 AM  Show Profile
I usually put music on my list because I like so much and would never buy it all. When I was picking up some things for gifts I saw that Shawn Colvin has a new one POLAROIDS sort of a greatest hits. Also if you are a George Winston fan he has a new one out MONTANA. So... good to give , good to get! Good coupons on the borders site right now,also!
Be safe when you are out shopping , be aware of your surroundings at the mall, don't take your pocketbook ( just cash and credit cards with one form of ID) so your hands are free to carry things and be aware. I worked at a mall in HS and part of college& this is the season to be mugged when you are loading your car. Take care and stay safe!

with a happy heart

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2004 :  11:15:26 AM  Show Profile
Bramble... great ideas! I really enjoy George Winston, so will very likely add this to my collection... I don't know where I've been, but have recently become a fan of Shawn Colvin.... (better late than never, maybe??).... also I just heard my most favorite holiday song of all time on the radio... Oh Holy Night, sung exquisitely by Martina McBride. That girl is gifted.

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2004 :  12:55:58 PM  Show Profile
I love George Winston too!! I must hear this new one. Maybe I will get it to play through my surgery. My Orthopedic surgeon lets me have music for surgery. Wahoo something new.
As for shopping , I carry one credit card, some cash and my driverslicence in my checkbook which I carry in my Bra!! Hands free at all times.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

KJAMES
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

KAREN
SC
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2004 :  1:43:12 PM  Show Profile
Is anyone familiar with Ottmar Liebert. He is a wonderful guitarist. Was born in Germany but influenced by Spanish Flamenco. If you like jass and classical guitar music please give him a try. I have just about all his CDs. Try "The Hours Between Night & Day" and/or Euphoria. I promise you won't be disappointed. Great listening music

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2004 :  12:05:05 PM  Show Profile
OOOO....some more good music to check out! Karen- my radio station plays him and he is excellent! Sort of Andres Segovia meets Chet Atkins meets Jose Feliciano-quite a combination! Clare- haven't heard Martina's version yet but have always liked her voice. I have recently discovered Patti Griffin so I know what you mean about Shawn!
They're both great! Heard someone on world cafe yesterday (Khaki something?) and she played a hammered style of acoustic guitar that made her sound like six people playing! Apparently she was on Leno or Lettermen recently but I missed that as well as her last name! I hope Eileen got to listen to something she liked during her surgery. My dentist let's you plug into music while he works and it makes the experience so much better and less stressful.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2004 :  11:15:25 AM  Show Profile
Kenny Loggins has one of my favorite Christmas CD's ever. It is called "December". It makes me feel like I am spending Christmas in a cozy log cabin with snow on the ground outside.

Makes a great music gift.
jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2004 :  05:48:21 AM  Show Profile
That is the way I feel Jeannie when I hear John Denver sing "Aspen Glow". I still listen to his almost 30 year old Christmas LP and never tire of it...Love that Kenny Logins also.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2004 :  09:56:09 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark -
Oh yes, I, too, am a forever John Denver fan. But I do not have his Christmas music. Hm......
Thanks!
jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2004 :  1:33:43 PM  Show Profile
Jeannie, The album is called Rocky Mountain Christmas. I still listen to the old album with all the scratches and skipping. I need to find a CD of it. You would love it if you are a John Denver fan.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Music for gift giving Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page