Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I am so annoyed....*vent alert*...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I am so annoyed....*vent alert*... Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  8:22:31 PM  Show Profile
We were to meet up with a friend's son to look at his trailer today. We waited around for almost 3 hours and called, get this, no less than 15 times and left 3 voice mails that we were in the area and waiting to hear back from him.

I talked to him first thing this morning and he said all was well and when we got to a certain place on I-5, call him and he'd come pick us up, take us to his place (4 miles away) and we could look over the trailer.

After that....nada....nothing....zilch....

So, I couldn't help myself, but we had to get on down the road (we are truckers and have to make a living!!) and I left a message similar to "This is Winona. We were really wanting to look at the trailer but we've waited almost 3 hours and need to get moving. If something happened or you decided against selling it, it would have been nice to let us know and we'd have been on our way."

I know accidents happen but seems like if it were something bad, our friend (the father) would have been notified and he'd at least notify us, seems like they would! I have a feeling the guy just didn't want to sell it or at the price he quoted us (really a great deal for us).

So, yep, I'm annoyed and even hubby is irked, which is something he isn't good at being.

Thanks for reading and just letting me vent!! If the guy should call, the next time I'll be a little more direct in ARE you planning on showing up?? Maybe there is a better deal out there, just waiting for us?? Let's hope!!

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com .

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  03:22:02 AM  Show Profile
In this day and age of the mighty cell phone there IS no excuse.

Sorry your time was wasted 'cause in y'alls case time IS money

Probably wasn't meant to be
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  03:54:15 AM  Show Profile
That's how I feel about it. I've had a strange feeling about this trailer for quite a while anyway but I've been soooo wrong in the past that I thought we should look anyway...

Oh, well...

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com .

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  05:35:02 AM  Show Profile
(((HUGS)))

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  06:24:04 AM  Show Profile
Maybe there is something better. My DH ran into a brick wall about four times tryin to buy a new motorcycle, then he stumbled accross a harley for less then he wanted to pay for a new bike and in better shape than all the others he was tryin to look at before. Sometimes we have to stumble a few times before we can run.

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  06:48:48 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I'll be praying for a better deal!! I'll also be praying this guy gets a grip!!! There is NO EXCUSE for last of courtesy . . I don't blame for being annoyed. I know I would have been!!!!
Hang in there!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  9:09:55 PM  Show Profile
Welp, here's the latest...

Hubby finally got the dad, our good friend, on the phone. He said his son's phone (the trailer owner) was a crappy one (his words) and didn't work so well some of the time.

I'm sorry (not really) but I had to say that we called 15 times and left 3 messages and surely SOME of them had gotten through. I mean, don't the messages get stored on the phone company's computers and not the actual cell phone?? So, why couldn't he listen to them?? Me smells a rat.

However, hubby is still interested in the trailer and supposedly, pics are being sent as I type to my emails. I gave 2 emails, one at hotmail and one at yahoo, so one must work. I get everyone else's emails, I should get these...unless the son's wife is computer challenged like I am and can mess it up. We are putting our truck in the shop for two days and then heading back out across country and back to Cali. so there is a chance to still see it in situ.

Wow, never thought trying to buy something would be soooo hard!!

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4741 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4741 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  08:29:34 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry about your frustrating time dealing with a friends son. I just finished working my tail off to co-host a bridal shower for my best friends worthless son. I spent the whole day biting my tongue as her lazy daughter sat on her bottom complaining & doing absolutely nothing whatsoever to help. How her son vamoozed the minute he saw help was needed to set up. It is amazing to me how lazy these adult children are and how they take full advantage (always) of their mom's friends.

Feed the monster & the behavior continues. Wow, sorry for my own vent!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

sewlazie
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Nell
Kinder Louisiana
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  07:18:12 AM  Show Profile  Send sewlazie a Yahoo! Message
So sorry you're having a rough time. Maybe there's better deal coming your way. I am a firm believer is "There's a reason for everything."
That still doesn't excuse his rudeness and the lame excuses.

One stitch at a time, one day I may finish.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I am so annoyed....*vent alert*... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page