Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  7:04:22 PM  Show Profile
Wouldn't it be fun to swap garden journal pages to add to yours. There were some terrific ones in the book idea garden pages. Anyone up for the challenge? October would be the time limit. What do you think? Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  7:11:01 PM  Show Profile
I'm kinda new on the site. I haven't gotten my packet yet, so maybe I'm asking prematurely. What are you refering to? I've made several attempts at a garden journal, but I get lost in my garden and frequently must be dragged inside after dark kicking and screaming. LOL! My DH is up late most of the growing season because of me. I am sitting here tonight trying to catch mine up as much as possible. I'm 3 weeks behind.

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  07:16:52 AM  Show Profile
Angela: I love it, You're a "real" gardener. Some of us just garden and do a little journaling and some keep really elaborate journals. I thought it would be fun to photocopy a journal page and send it to a farmfriend who also keeps a journal and she could add it to hers. That way we could connect with other gardeners. A garden journal is just a place to comment on your garden written, maybe added seed packets or pictures of what you are growing, your own drawings or sketching or a combination of all these. These pages can be fun. I hope that description helps. Bonnie

Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  08:58:55 AM  Show Profile
I think that is a great idea, Angela. Maybe it would help me get back to doing a garden journal. I used to do it every year and haven't for the past few years as my garden has gotten so much bigger.

"Let us never forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other art follows. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of civilization."

Daniel Webster

Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  11:28:54 AM  Show Profile
I love the idea. I just wrote in mine last night... I would be excited to do a swap for a garden journal that was home made and not just a page. Please let me know...
delicia
Go to Top of Page

bellagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Carmen
Holland MI
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  11:55:18 AM  Show Profile
I love to garden both flowers and vegetables. There is just so much pleasure in running my fingers through the dirt. It's my therapy. Then through the winter months I quilt and plan the next garden. I would love to join a journal swap.
bella girl #1443
Carmen

Blessings from Heaven and Earth
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  9:49:39 PM  Show Profile
Carmen: It's not officially a swap yet because I thought I would find how much interest there is. Thanks for being interested. I'll let you know when it is swap. It will be in the swap section. Thanks Bonnie

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  9:51:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi all: I should just say the same thing to everyone. If you are interested in alling a farmgirl friend's page to your book I will keep you in mine until I have ten. Bonnie

Go to Top of Page
  Book Ideas: Previous Topic Let's Swap Garden Journal Pages Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page