Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Husband Appreciation Day . . .DAY TWO!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Husband Appreciation Day . . .DAY TWO!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  07:33:36 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
According to Mary Janes Farm Calendar today is:

HUSBAND APPRECIATION DAY!!!!

I appreciate mine for sure: we will celebrate 42 years this coming December. He is easy-going, laid-back, non-judgemental, let's me be me, a great cook, outstanding woodworker and knifemaker, avid outdoorsman . . . and on and on.

SUPER DAD!!!! SPECTACULAR HUSBAND!!!!
I'M THANKFUL!!!

CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Apr 18 2010 06:58:06 AM

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  07:43:53 AM  Show Profile
I certainly appreciate mine as well...its great to have a guy who, when you bat your eyes and say "Sweetie, how hard would it be to set up *another* brooder in the barn?"..he smiles and says, "I suppose I could figure it out how to make it work..." and sighs and shakes his head...but you catch him smirking.

I'm very spoiled. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  07:48:56 AM  Show Profile
I am proud of my DH, this picture is from his second tour in Iraq. He has been in the military for 24 years. 18 in active duty Army and after 9/11 the Air Force National Guard. He is my second Husband and married me when I had two teenagers in the house! We will celebrate our 10th anniversary on June 9th.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Edited by - Fiddlehead Farm on Apr 17 2010 08:02:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  08:01:34 AM  Show Profile
I had no idea. And he will be home today! I really do appreciate my hubby. We have been married 31 years. About half of those years he has been driving a truck. That could be why we are still married! He is the best man. He's very laid back too. A very nice guy. He lets me be me too. He always wants me to be happy above all else. He loves his kids and grandkids so much and would do anything for them. He's a great friend to many. And a very good hard working truck driver. Just got his safety bonus to prove it. He has gotten one every year. And that only goes to drivers who have had no wrecks or accidents. They are always sending him letters or calling him to tell him what a great job he's doing. I am very proud of mu husband.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  08:03:01 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like a lot of us have some great men in our lives! Sorry about the size of that photo, I tried to resize it a couple of times to no avail.

farmgirl sister #922

Edited by - Fiddlehead Farm on Apr 17 2010 08:03:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  08:04:50 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am proud of my hubby. We will be married 13 years on Aug 4th. He is a wonderful father and a great hubby. He is the most caring and sharing person I have ever met. He may look gruff and act that way sometimes. But he has a heart of gold.

There are lots of pics of us on my blog.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  08:41:35 AM  Show Profile
I have the best hubby in the world! I love him to pieces! Glad you posted this CJ. I will have to find something special to do for him today :)

My Love:

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  08:43:16 AM  Show Profile
Oh Siobhan, you two are so cute together! Now I know how you got the three chillins! LOL

farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  08:47:40 AM  Show Profile
You are so right, Diane, hehehe...that on top of the fact that my father in law prayed a blessing over our "reproductive systems" at our rehearsal dinner when we got married. I was mortified at the time and all my friends laughed at me, but it's a funny memory now. I blame it all on him :) My husband calls me Fertile Myrtle. If he touches me the wrong way, babies happen LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  09:03:29 AM  Show Profile
Well, you two have a good recipe going...I can tell from the pics of your kids!

farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  09:54:23 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Okay girls . . . here we are . . . this pic is about a year old.
We haven't changed much. Sorry about the sunglasses . . but out here we wear them a lot . . pretty close to the sun.

That is my sweet little pooch, Bramble. She is a sweet, friendly, fun Australian Cattle Dog.

CJ

Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  10:20:17 AM  Show Profile
Love the pictures and the stories :) Nice to know we've all got a great bunch of guys to pair up with the great bunch of gals who are here!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  11:25:55 AM  Show Profile
I have a truly amazing hubby! He works his behind off for me around here and gardening isn't his thing. He is a wonderful father and a great husband. He adopted my oldest daughter after we had only been married for 2 years. He never even hesitated when my ex asked him to adopt her. We now have 3 girls and he is so outnumbered. He swears he wouldn't trade it for the world. It'll be 13 years on October 31. Halloween night! He's got a sense of humor too! I love him!

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  11:41:50 AM  Show Profile
It's raining men...I just love the pictures and the stories of all your husbands. Behind every great farmgirl, there is a farmboy.
Keep em coming girls.

farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  4:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, I appreciated my husband today by letting him sit on the deck and watch me clean out my flower beds, pulling out dead stalks, raking up stuff, etc. I had him meet me at the cherry tree with pruning saw to help me prune the tree. Now we're going to have pizza, salad and margarita coolers for supper . . .

Tomorrow we get to work on getting our garden cleaned up and ready to till . . . and we aren't talking about a teeny tiny garden plot!!!!

Here's to our hubbys!!! GOD BLESS THEM, ONE AND ALL!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Kerbear
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Kerry
Middle Tennessee
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  4:57:02 PM  Show Profile
Yeah! Happy Husbands Day! I have a most wonderful husband as well! We are working on 4 years and its been the most amazing four years of my life. I am so blessed and so thankful for him and my son!
Thank you everyone for sharing your stories and pictures too!

~Kerry Anne
Farmgirl Sister #975
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  6:02:53 PM  Show Profile
Thank you girls for sharing your lovely photos!!! Thanks CJ for bringing this up.

Siobhan, I disagree with you. I have the best husband

My honey is wonderful, we have been married for 13 years and he still calls me his bride. Which is funny when he introduces me, everyone thinks that we are newlyweds :) Michael is my love, my best friend, my protector. I love his smile, his eyes, how he opens doors for me and pulls out my chair, and when he orders for me too. I am blessed beyond measure with a wonderful husband. Thank you Lord!

BTW: He got Buttermilk Pie for dessert tonight :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  03:25:24 AM  Show Profile
Saw this a day too late.

Mine is the best too. He keeps the farm going, indulges my chicken whims and has been a rock and pillar of faith based strength.

It's a drop in the bucket but we'll celebrate 10 years in October.

WOW where did the time go!?
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  06:57:28 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well it is the day after . . . but it certainly is still a day we can share about our hubbys and how we appreciate them. So, let's give it another day . . . they're worth it!!!

HAPPY SUNDAY!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  07:12:03 AM  Show Profile
Well, I am letting mine go play with his friends today. They are going on another motercycle run to who knows where. The guy travels all over the country and comes home and rides all day during the weekends. I just don't know. But the weather is perfect for a ride. So I will let him go play today.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  07:14:09 AM  Show Profile
I wasn't on much yesterday, so just saw this now, thanks CJ for sharing what special day it is... guess we can have Husband Appreciation Weekend!
I have been married to Jim for 31 1/2 years. We have had our share of hard times, but let me tell you that he is the most patient, understanding guy around. He has always been a great dad, and now grampa, and has always kept my life exciting!!! (Guess I should have known that was coming the day he picked me up for a date on his motorcycle!)
He has always worked hard, and I have been blessed that he did whatever he had to to make sure I could stay home when the kids were small. Back when our youngest was 6, he started working part time for UPS so we could have excellent insurance. 15 years later, he is still there, even though the insurance is just for the 2 of us now. This means he gets up at 2 or 3 most mornings, and most weeks gets at least 30 hours in there. He also has his own financial planning business that he started 25 years ago.
Even though he can fix cars and motorcycles, he is not handy with tools. Right now though, he is building a chicken coop for our 33 chicks. He gets frustrated with it, but I know he will do a fine job.
I really do appreciate my husband!
ETA: This was taken 2 1/2 years ago at our youngest daughter's wedding.

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Nothing we achieve in this world is achieved alone. It is always achieved with others teaching us along the way. Lee J. Colan

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/

Edited by - LakeOntarioFarmgirl on Apr 18 2010 07:15:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  07:37:23 AM  Show Profile
Yeah MEN! Keep em coming girls. Mine is gone again today. He is at a Revolutionary War Veterans Appleseed Shooting Event in Lodi, WI. He is an instructor. They teach old marksmanship skills and Revolutionary War History. We need to let them do their "guy" things once in a while.

farmgirl sister #922

Edited by - Fiddlehead Farm on Apr 18 2010 07:55:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  12:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Brenda . . . you and your hubby are SPECTACULAR!!!

Thanks for the picture!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  12:30:14 PM  Show Profile
I wish I knew how to put pictures here..My son who will be a wonderful husband in 60 more days. Just left. He hooked up a new computer for me. My husband of only 59 days short of 4 years is a good guy also. He just went on a major spring cleaning. But he took time to take my son & I out to lunch today which was wonderful. He's almost ready to settle down for the day.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  1:39:58 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
You ladies are all beautiful and look very much in love! I am so happy you ladies have found your soul mates! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

beadbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Therese
Valencia California
USA
148 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  3:14:30 PM  Show Profile

This picture is a couple of years old, our daughter is now taller than us! My husband is a kind, patient man, and a wonderful father. He loves his girls, and he says he can't wait to come home to us every night. He is an airplane pilot and mechanic. This picture is of a friend's helicopter they were given a ride in. He is my best friend, and we will be celebrating 20 years this October. I am a lucky and loved lady!

(sorry for the largness of the picture, I'll find out how to make them smaller before posting more!)
Therese
If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud. ~Emile Zola

Edited by - beadbabe on Apr 18 2010 3:16:10 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Husband Appreciation Day . . .DAY TWO!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page