Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Looking to barter some seeds for artwork
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Looking to barter some seeds for artwork Next Topic  

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  09:58:08 AM  Show Profile
This is kind of a strange request, but I'd like someone who is a bit artistic to draw for me a small sign that I will then copy onto a bit of wood that will hang near my tomatoes. In exchange, I have a packet of heirloom tomato seeds (great white) and a packet of heirloom eggplant seeds (Rosa Bianca) (both seed packets come from Baker Creek).

If anyone is interested, please let me know. The design I'm looking for is a drawing featuring the phrase "tomato alley" and a tornado design with tomatoes and garden implements. The design should be able to be sent via pdf so I can print it out on my end.

Thanks!!

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher, Eager Podcaster
http://beesinourbonnetsintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Podcasts at http://thefannyfarm.blogspot.com/

Grammygail
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Gail
Chattanooga Tennessee
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  7:05:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kimberly,
I can probably draw what you want if you could be a little more specific. Such as, do you want the tornado to have the tomatoes and tools in it, separate from the tornado, the word tornado between the tomatoes and tools, and which tools would you want. I like to know exactly what someone has in mind before I tackle it but I do draw and love it!
Sister Gail #61
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  9:10:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gail,
I'm wide open on the design, actually. My first thought was a twister, with tomatoes and tools swirling around and then the phrase "tomato alley" somewhere near there. Tools that came to mind were a spade, maybe a tomato cage, seed packets (?), a little hand rake, that kind of thing. I'm sure whatever you come up with would suit me just fine - the only thing is I have to be able to trace it onto the wood for the outdoor sign, so if there is a bunch of detail, that might get lost.

Let me know if you need any other details. Thank you so much!!

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher, Eager Podcaster
http://beesinourbonnetsintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Podcasts at http://thefannyfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Grammygail
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Gail
Chattanooga Tennessee
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  7:14:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kimberly, I am going to see what I can come up with for you! It will be fun to try, hope I capture what you have in mind. Will keep in touch.
Gail #61
Go to Top of Page

Grammygail
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Gail
Chattanooga Tennessee
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  6:50:54 PM  Show Profile
Do you know what size board that you are going to copy this on? Wondering if it was square, rectangle. If not that is ok......you should be able to use this any way you want by the way that you print it out.......will be in touch:)
Go to Top of Page

Grammygail
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Gail
Chattanooga Tennessee
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  6:57:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kimberly,
I believe that I have what you want finished! I am going to go over it with an ink pen and that will help when you get ready to trace. I have some questions and I am going to send you an e-mail. Will be in touch. Farmgirl #61, Gail
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Looking to barter some seeds for artwork Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page