Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Montgomery Ward Sewing Machine -- Need Help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Montgomery Ward Sewing Machine -- Need Help Next Topic  

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  10:35:38 AM  Show Profile
My daughter got me a second hand Montgomery Ward Sewing Machine. I have been trying to figure out how to use it without a manual. I can only get it to sew straight stitches and it seems to be stuck on the blind hem stitch. I can't get it to do a regular zig-zag. Does anyone have a Montgomery Ward machine with the 8 decorative stitches. It is called a UHTJ1934. Yesterday it would zig-zag today I can't get it to do it so I am sure I have done something. Help

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  08:10:59 AM  Show Profile
Sewing tip of the decades, alway have the manual. Even though you don't use it often, its worth every penny of it. I would also tell you to go and get the machine serviced by a tech somewhere, unless she bought it from someone with a reputable service business.

Also make sure that everything leads through the tensions, even the bobbin has tension!

Enjoy sewing, I know I love everyminute of my sewing

--
See my custom costumes, download free patterns, and hear some spook EVPs from Gettysburg, PA on my site, www.alterationsbyemily.com
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  08:01:57 AM  Show Profile
yes, I know a manual is helpful but we can't find one. I have been sewing forever and it is a very simple machine. We (my husband and I) opened it up yesterday and discovered that the gear on the stitch knob is broken. I was fairly certain I was doing what needed to be done to change the stitch but since the gear is broken it doesn't do anything. Problem solved. It will do a straight stitch and a zigzag so I will be ok until we find something else. Thanks for your help.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  09:21:08 AM  Show Profile
Try this place for parts and a manual.
http://www.tias.com/stores/relics/
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Montgomery Ward Sewing Machine -- Need Help Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page