True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Sadiemae
Wolcottville Indiana
USA
65 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  08:54:44 AM  Show Profile
Okay Ladies....

My husband and I have been trying to convert over to all organic...especially on the things that are important...getting rid of white sugars....processed stuff...

Well we went to purchase olive oil (I usually by canola oil for most things and just keep a small bottle of olive oil on hand...)

The organic olive oil is about $15 - $20.00 per 20-25 ounces - shew!! Regular olive oil is half that....

Does anyone know how they process the olive oil - is it really important that we buy it organic or could we get away with the regular olive oil for awhile till our food budget increases or we're growing more of our own food....?

I want to make the wisest choice within our budget - so if I purchase organic olive oil then I might have to do without something else...which could be doable....

Any thoughts or encouragment? Or blessings you've come across going all organic?

Blessings, Sadie

quiltin mama
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Heather
Crescent City CA
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  2:27:40 PM  Show Profile
I get 50oz for about $19.95 from our co-op and from the health food store that is about 1.5hrs away. It's organic extra vigrin.
I would always say if it's not organic then just do without it. Maybe do without the canola oil (the olive is much healthier anyway.)

my blog www.mountainhomequilts.blogspot.com
handmade quilts on etsy www.mountainhomequilts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

tawandasister
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Sadiemae
Wolcottville Indiana
USA
65 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  2:43:08 PM  Show Profile
That's what I've been reading....so I'm ditching the canola oil :) and want to go with olive oil only...okay! I'll shop around for a co-op or bulk organic... Thanks for commenting - I'm just learning and wanted some good advice!!
Go to Top of Page

sw80689
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Sharon
Papillion Nebraska
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  12:45:16 PM  Show Profile
I just started using organic olive oil. It is pricey but I found a couple of things I can easily do without to compensate for the price. I am trying hard to eat more organic and healthy. I feel so-o-o much better and really have more energy. I am trying to get my sons to eat healthier but that is a work in progress. I shop around for sales and good prices and buy a large bottle to last for awhile. The first bottle I bought I was shocked at the price!
Blessings,

Sharon

*We are all angels with one wing, the only way to fly, therefore is to embrace one another*
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Organic olive oil?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page