Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Flowers.... (Post pics here...) Next Topic  

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2006 :  05:56:52 AM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
I thought I'd start a thread where we could post pics of our flowers.

I don't really have a flower garden at all, but there are some "wild and unruly" (my favorite line from a song) roses growing near our shed. I need to get a trellis for them. This morning I was hanging out some laundry and decided to look to see if they were showing any signs of blooming (as they're lying on the ground), and here's what I found...

The pic's a little blurry, sorry! But the flowers are a little more than 1" across and so pretty and smell SO good!

Katee

The end will justify the pain it took to get us here.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

JennyWren
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

USA
201 Posts

Posted - May 01 2006 :  11:56:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi...

I thought I would share a photo of a tulip from our garden (last year) I just love these. But then again, I like anything pink!

Geez Louise.. Does anyone know how to make the photos smaller?

If you treat an individual as what he is, he will stay that way, but if you
treat him as if he were what he could be, he will become what he could be.
-- Goethe
www.jennywrensurbanhomestead.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  05:43:02 AM  Show Profile
BIG VERY BIG, But oh so pretty!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

JennyWren
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

USA
201 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  05:58:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi..

I know that the directions for this are probably in a thread somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. If anyone knows how to make the photos smaller.... Please can you tell me how? My photos are gigantic! Sorry!

-- Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  06:21:41 AM  Show Profile
Well I can't help you, I think its great you got it on there at all, I haven't mastered the photo art yet. I like your big flower.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

JennyWren
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

USA
201 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  06:42:40 AM  Show Profile
Well thank you...

Just think of it as .. I am sending everyone.. A "wake up flower"..
It's so big, it about knocks me off my chair!
geez louise.. It looks genetically altered! hahaha
I am going to have to play around with it and see what I can do to get these photos smaller!

I can help you upload photos if you would like... Everyone was so patient with me, when I learned... It's nooooooooooo big deal.. Super easy! The hard part for me is the size...

-- Goethe
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  07:45:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Carla,
It is a beautiful flower. My favorite thing to do is take photos of flowers and then have them made into note cards, this would make an absolutely gorgeous card. If you can send me a file with this photo so that I can print it, I will gladly make you some note cards. I believe you can get my email address from my profile. Thanks for sharing the beauty of nature that surrounds your home. Have a blessed day.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  08:12:53 AM  Show Profile
Check out Horseyrider's explanation for using Sony's imagestation in the thread technical support dated 1-3-06. It should help you with posting pictures on the forum.

Mary

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  09:43:31 AM  Show Profile
#

I've always loved fritilaria but have never purchased any for my own garden because I've never stayed anywhere long enough to make it worth the expense. Well, lucky me, the house I plan to live in for the rest of my life already has some!

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority." -E. B. White

http://www.betweenthecities.com/blog/ljr/
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  09:50:52 AM  Show Profile
When I am editing my photos in my photo program I am given the option to save and also to "SAVE AS" If I click on "save as" then go to the file type box I am given the option of type of file to choose. If you save as "smaller for e-mail" or "smaller for web/log" it will be a smaller e-mailable file. There is also a place where I can choose Jpeg and a sliding bar that tells me quality of picture so if I save it as a lower quality photo it has a smaller file. Weblog is the smallest. Look at your program and click the save as button. do some exploring and testing. You will still have your original photo but rename the smaller file so you know which one to choose when sending it to this page. I still can't figure out how to get my photos here on this page. I have tried all the instructions.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  12:01:26 PM  Show Profile
Eileen, are you hosting it somewhere? I use tinypic.com to host mine and it also resizes them for me.

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority." -E. B. White

Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  12:36:45 PM  Show Profile
I have tried hp photo, winkflash and,snapfish. The one I use for my blog is picsa. don't know how to transfer from there.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Muttley
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Heather
A tiny town Oregon
USA
67 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  12:45:07 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Muttley's MSN Messenger address
Jenny,

I absolutely love your picture of your tulip. I have a garden nursery and when I get a chance I love to shoot picture of our blooms. I save them hoping I will get enough free time to paint them.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet." -Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  12:52:53 PM  Show Profile
I'm not sure how to do it with picassa, but with tinypic.com you just upload it from your computer and then it gives you a link to copy and paste. Then you just put it between the code . I think it actually gives you that in the link it gives you to copy and paste actually.

Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  3:21:15 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
Carla, your picture is hosted at photobucket, right? You can go to that image and change it's size by about 50% before posting the link. (but it's a permanent change on the picture saved on photobucket, if you want the larger size, I'd suggest uploading it twice and changing one of them)

Katee

The end will justify the pain it took to get us here.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

JennyWren
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

USA
201 Posts

Posted - May 05 2006 :  11:17:36 AM  Show Profile
Thank you! I will do that!

I didn't realize I could do that.. hopefully I will figure it out!

Carla...

-- Goethe
Go to Top of Page

coconutcakes
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Emily
Summerfield NC
USA
52 Posts

Posted - May 05 2006 :  3:56:29 PM  Show Profile
What beautiful flowers!

Here's a couple of pics (tulips in the last month in the yard, Carolina rhododendron in the NC mountains last weekend). I've got a clematis vine and some white azaleas that look pretty now, but I haven't taken any pics yet. Maybe tomorrow!

Hey this is good practice for posting pics, something I haven't done yet. . .

Emily

"After a long period abroad nothing could make me more homesick or emotional than an American magazine ad of a luscious layer cake, except one, and that was a pictured lemon pie." Irma Rombauer, Joy of Cooking (1943)
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - May 06 2006 :  1:37:26 PM  Show Profile
I love seeing all the pictures.Here are some of what I grew last year.here are some dahlias.
and here are some cosmos and small sunflowers.
Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Flowers.... (Post pics here...) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page