Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 I had my first horseback riding lesson!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic I had my first horseback riding lesson!!!! Next Topic  

dreamingofafarm
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Tina
Bangor Pennsylvania
157 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  6:43:40 PM  Show Profile
I am so excited - tonight was my first horseback riding lesson. To everyone in the Farmgirl Connection who gave me tips on what to expect THANK YOU SO MUCH. I spent the bulk of tonight learning how to properly groom and care for the horse, put on the saddle and the bridle, lead the horse to the ring, mount the horse, and just a few basics on holding postion in the saddle and with my feet, turning, and handling emergencies. I'm learning to ride English and I agree with many of you who wrote to me previously, you certainly learn how to hold your body in the right position to connect properly with the horse, and maintain balance. I am suprised by how much my arm and leg muscles hurt! After the lesson, I learned how to take off the saddle, regroom the horse, feed her and put her in her stall. What an experience all of this was! My next lesson is two weeks from tonight, but I don't know if I can wait that long!

Farmgirl Sisterhood #1355
"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones afterall." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  7:20:42 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is wonderful Tina!! I remember when I had my first lesson too and it was so much fun! It has been a long time since I have ridden but would love to start up again. :) I am so happy you had a wonderful time Tina!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  7:38:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Awesome! I knew you were going to love it! Spending time with horses is addictive!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  7:39:55 PM  Show Profile
Sweet........!

www.happilyeverafterhosanna.blogspot.com
www.thewindofheaven.blogspot.com
www.CarolinaRoses.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Flower
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Shirley
Kentucky
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  05:51:50 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Flower's MSN Messenger address
I know how you feel .. I started up my horsemanship lessons a couple of weeks ago..and it really feels great and builds confidence..

Be a blessing and have a Happy Spring
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  08:33:30 AM  Show Profile
Tina, you go girl!
You know, I should take English lessons. It would be very interesting. I have never ridden English.

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

Shery Jespersen
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Shery
Upton Wyoming
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  06:52:29 AM  Show Profile
A dream come true. There is no better feeling. Congratulations on taking up a hobby that will soon escalate to an addiction. :o) Dressage is a very good way to begin...and both versions are availble nowadays...for both classical and western riders. If you are of the western persuasion, check out Cowboy Dressage (www.cowboydressage.com) Eitan and Debbie are very good friends of mine. His videos are a must have for the western rider who has an appreciation for dressage and wants to better their skills via classical training. If your dressage instructor looks sideways at you when you mention 'cowboy dressage', just tell her that Karl Mikolka is a huge fan of Eitan's. Another good friend of Eitan's is Robert Miller, DVM...the most beloved equine vet/behaviorist in the world. Dressage is more for the horse than the rider. Among other things, it helps the horse move properly under the weight of the rider. You're off on a grand adventure...enjoy every morsel and just take the little frustrations as part of the package. It's all good !! Shery

Farmgirl Sister #753
Ranch Farmgirl http://rfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org
My Blog http://reataroseranch.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2010 :  12:52:06 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to horse addiction. Congrats on enjoying your first lesson. Kuddos to the teacher for not just bringing you a tacked up horse it is great to learn the whole process. Helps you bond with the horse you will be working with and I think that is really important.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic I had my first horseback riding lesson!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page