kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:57:11 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness. You can see it in the air out there. It's all over the place. The cars are covered. I mean literally covered in it. My goats noses are dripping. Even the cows. I have no energy at all. My eyes are itchy and red and watery ALL the time now. I can hardly breath. I am sneezing all the time too. I just want to go to bed and stay there. But My nose just gets all stopped up.

Is it bad like this everywhere?

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  09:13:50 AM  Show Profile
You know I'm having a lot of the same problem...my eyes are watery, and my nose is either runny or plugged up...doctor says I'm not sick and its just seasonal allergies BLAH! Hope you feel better soon and the air quality improves.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  09:54:46 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am coughing like crazy. I have never had problems. But you can see yellow clouds of pollen in the air. Yuck.

Kristin, letter on the way!!!

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  2:05:25 PM  Show Profile
Here too. I am so stopped up my teeth and ears hurt besides my face and nose and eyes. My horses nose is running and my blue truck is now green from the added yellow pollen. I washed my sheets and hung them on the line and they came in covered. I had to get some out of the linen closet and rewash the ones from the line. All my furniture is covered with a yellow layer of pollen. I really love spring but OMGoodness. I would love to be outside but by the time I get in I am miserable.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  3:10:41 PM  Show Profile
I feel for ya'll too. It's like this all over I guess. My DD has a blue car and it's green now. I have a white one. I have my windows open too and I just hate the thought of closing them and turning the ac on but I might have to just to breath. And hanging clothes might have to wait also til this is over. I know it will be. It's supposed to rain tomorrow. Maybe it'll wash away some of the pollen.

I hope it gets better for ya'll too. I heard on the radio that when you come inside to take a shower to wash off all the pollen. That makes sense.

Amy, I was thinking I had written you a letter but I think I was just thinking about getting one started. So I'll wait to get yours. Thanks!!

Oh, have ya'll tried local honey? I got some a few days ago. Haven't noticed any change yet. Also I drank some dandelion tea. But still this is wiping me out. I actually took a nap today.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

dreamingofafarm
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Tina
Bangor Pennsylvania
157 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  3:39:13 PM  Show Profile
Ladies I am right there with you. I actually ran into a friend today who asked if I had been crying (my eyes are so watery that they are permanently red with that I just got done bawling my eyes out look). I was able to relieve my sore throat through something I learned from a naturopath about two years ago. Take a teaspoon of honey every time it feels sore - it clears it right up. Even better if it is local honey (the local pollen is actually present in small amounts in the honey and apparently can over time help minimize some of your symptoms to allergies, so I have been told).

Farmgirl Sisterhood #1355
"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones afterall." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  3:41:37 PM  Show Profile
Kristen.. I just saw on the news where Ken Cooke just showed this cloud thing over GA... Pollen Cloud! Ohhh myyyy! It is just pitiful and awful!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  5:54:21 PM  Show Profile
Tina, don't ya hate that? I have to wear sunglasses out so no one will see my eyes. Mine get puffy and even the whites get swollen. It's awful. I hope you get cleared up soon. This can't last forever, can it?

Karrieann, this is bad. I knew it was hazy but this is bad. Are you affected by it too? Or are you one of the lucky people that just breezes through it? My mom and step dad are coming up from S. Ga. this weekend and she'll sneeze the whole time she's here. Apparently it's worse here than down there. I hope it's gone by then.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  6:07:19 PM  Show Profile
Kris... its bad up here too. my white railings are yellow. ICK!
:oP

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  6:07:38 PM  Show Profile
NETI pots ladies will help flush out the pollen and give you relief.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  6:28:14 PM  Show Profile
They said on our news that yesterday was the worst day for pollen in the last 10 years that they have been recording it. There were 3552 plen spores per cubic meter of air yesterday! Fortunately - today it rained!!!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.eggsandherbs.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  05:20:52 AM  Show Profile
Yay, it's raining here now! I hope it washes away all this nasty stuff. I know the bees are so happy and I amm glad for them. But this is awful. We should have a great honey year all over.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  05:38:52 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Diana Neti pot. I have a neti bottle it works better for me. But when I come in from outside I strip in the laundry room and shower then use the neti bottle. Knock on wood I haven't had any sneezing or watery eyes yet.

Blessings ~ Tina
Go to Top of Page

mrsamy
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

Amy
Milwaukee WI
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  05:48:49 AM  Show Profile
Yup, we all use the squeeze bottle...my husband EVERY day, my 8 yr old son and I just when it's itchy or when we have a cold. Clears everything up RIGHT away. We use the NielMed Sinus Rinse bottle. The allergist recommended it for DS since they have a pediatric size.

Prayer costs nothing, but is worth the most.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  07:32:18 AM  Show Profile
http://www.alkalolcompany.com/

Has any one else tried this for sinus and allergy problems? it's been around since 1896! and I just found it. It's a nasal wash and it is very comforting to the sinuses.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  08:20:57 AM  Show Profile
...expecting state wide thunder storm at noon-ish. C'mon rain!!!! Please please do not miss my wittle town. 40 minute... I guess I will log off the computer.
See y'all after it passes through.

;o)

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  10:19:04 AM  Show Profile
I cannot put anything in my nose. It makes me sick. Just thinking about doing it just grosses me out. My hubby is always trying to get me to use saline but I just can't. I'm glad it works for ya'll though. I'll just have to suffer and just blow it all out.

Karrieann, I hope all is well there. We had a thunder storm this morning. Loud. I guess it's coming your way now. It's really slow. Be careful. I do hope you get the rain to wash all this pollen away. still raining here off and on. Not too bad.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  2:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Gargling with salt water will help the scrathy throat. I use saline in my nose.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  05:09:44 AM  Show Profile
After the rain yesterday it looks so beautiful out there. All green and growing. I can almost see the grass grow. And all the pollen was washed off everything! So I hope the sniffles and itchy eyyes go away too. I have been drinking dandelion tea the past several days. I hope that helps some. Plus the local honey. It''s from Pigeon Mt which is right out my front door. So very local. It's really good too. Like gold.

Amy, I can gargle ok. But the nose things I can't do. My throat is ok right now.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  12:22:44 PM  Show Profile
Kris:
I think the pollen over here settled just on my car! The car is maroon, but it has a shade of green now. LOL. We do need rain to clear that pollen out!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  3:36:40 PM  Show Profile
Today was the highest ever recorded pollen count. And the air quality was very bad too. I can just see the cloud hanging over the valley and Chattanooga was really hazy. I can't wait for this to be over. Everybobies cars have a layer of pollen covering them.

Did you get any rain yet, Marly?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

barefootmama
True Blue Farmgirl

133 Posts

Jennifer
BLOOMSBURG Pennsylvania
USA
133 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  9:26:06 PM  Show Profile  Send barefootmama a Yahoo! Message
ahhh yes the dreaded blood shot puffy eye season is arriving here in good ole PA! so far it has not been to awful bad..knock on wood..its been pretty wet here the past few days and thunderstorms are to hit all weekend ,but im sure we are in for a doozy of pollen next week when it dries up... cross your fingers for me that its not too bad next weekend as I am off and have to get the compost spread on the garden..plus I love my windows open in the house it makes it all so fresh..not to mention my sis is home from maine next week and all four sisters are getting together for a cook out at my place on saturday..Woohoo..I love spring..I guess I'll tolerate the pollen lol

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves,for they shall never cease to be amused:)
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  9:32:38 PM  Show Profile
Kris:
We have not had any rain here in SW Louisiana for some time now. My eyes are puffy from all of that pollen.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  05:53:32 AM  Show Profile
Marly, I know. We haven't had any either. I had to wash my car yesterday before I could get in it again. I felt like I was driving a great big puff ball of pollen. I could not see out the windows!. I am so sick of seeing all these nasty yellow-green cars and trucks all over. And I had hung clothes and towels out the other day. I had to shake them all. I should have put them in the dryer a few minutes. But I love the crunchy towels. And I have to have my windows open.

Jennifer, I hope you get all that pollen washed away so you can get out in the yard. And I am so jealous. 4 sisters. That's so neat. I have 1 and she's in Colorado now. I hope ya'll have the best time together. What are ya going to have at the cookout?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  4:55:20 PM  Show Profile
And the pollen is STILL awful. I am getting all congested and my throat is all messed up. Sneezin' like crazy too. But we should get a little rain so I hope it washes it away.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic The Pollen. UGH! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page