Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Secret Seed Swap ***Matches Posted Page 2***
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Seed Swap ***Matches Posted Page 2*** Next Topic
Page: of 5

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  11:38:11 AM  Show Profile
You're not late, Channah...remember, the seeds didn't have to be in the mail until this weekend. You're right on time! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

Catherine
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Catherine Ann
Temple TX
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  12:15:36 PM  Show Profile
Karla,
I put your seeds in the mail today :) .

Blessings,
Catherine

http://lovelivingsimply.blogspot.com/

Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  5:31:11 PM  Show Profile
Victoria,
I got my seeds today! I love how you packed them!
I forgot to email you and tell you that I taped up your little package without putting in a card... sorry about that!
The size of the seeds and the germination time, makes me think they are herbs. Basil? Marjorum? Scarlet bee balm??
It will be fun to see!!!!
Thanks again!
~ Mary LD
PS you will probably know what everything I sent you is, just by looking at it!
PPS The seeds that say they are " old" but I had 95% germination, are a longtime family favorite, and an heirloom type seed as well. I hope you can try some, from my family to yours!

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  6:13:55 PM  Show Profile
Mary I'll tell you in about 2 months. But by then you might have figured it out yourself. I am interested in the Scarlet bee balm. Never seen that. I'm excited to get the package you sent. You can bet I will try them all.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  04:08:37 AM  Show Profile
I just put that on there, because the seeds are very tiny!
I have grown bee balm from starts , several times, and I have a little plant taking root right now this year. Actually, I don't know what color it will be, and I am hoping for scarlet!!
It can grow to be 3 ft tall, and makes showy flowers for garnishing iced tea or floating in punch. The leaves can be used in tea, and another name for it is bergamot mint. It is a bee plant for sure!
~ Mary LD

Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  08:42:10 AM  Show Profile
Catherine, I mailed your seeds this morning!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  2:47:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey there Amy! I sent your seeds out today! Let me know when you get them! :)

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348

*Anyone can criticize and complain and predict doom and gloom.
Be the person who fills the room with sunshine!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  3:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh thank goodness Siobhan! lol I got your seeds today!! Thank you soo much! You should be getting yours in 3 or 4 days. ( sorry it took so long.lol)
Hugs!!!!!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  6:59:51 PM  Show Profile
Mary I got the package you sent. Wow I feel like such a slacker now. Your little seed packets are way cuter than the ones I sent you. I'll be planting this weekend. Thank you so much.

Go to Top of Page

Kerbear
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Kerry
Middle Tennessee
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  05:27:58 AM  Show Profile
Hey Kris,
I got your seeds! I cannot wait to plant them and see what comes up. I am just outside of Columbia and Franklin, TN. Its a small town. We love it out here! Chickamauga is a great town, I've been there a few times to ride. I am planning on mailing yours today! Thanks Kris!

Thank you Siobhan for organizing the swap! This was a lot of fun!

~Kerry Anne
Farmgirl Sister #975
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  07:10:03 AM  Show Profile
Bumping this up again as we still have at least one partner that has not responded. Matches are made on page 2. Please be in contact with your partner ASAP if you have not already :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  5:35:32 PM  Show Profile
Hey Channah!!! I made it right on time... but later than I wanted! Yours are in the mail and I cant wait for you to get them! :)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://thehappycalamity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  6:39:45 PM  Show Profile
I got my seeds today from Kerry. I just have got to know what they are. This is killing me! Can't she tell me what they are? I will tell her what hers are! Please!

I guess I will find out soon enough. Thank you so much, Kerry. This really is fun and I can't wait to be surprised now by what comes up.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  7:54:39 PM  Show Profile
Ah ah ah *shaking finger at Kris* No telling!! :) LOL...

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  6:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you soo much for letting me know Jamie! Yours and Siobhans are on their way! They should be their sometimes this week!
Hugs!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

mrsamy
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

Amy
Milwaukee WI
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  2:11:21 PM  Show Profile
Teresa,
I got my seeds today. Yippee! I was hoping you'd get yours today, too. If not, they should be there by tomorrow!

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Amy

Prayer costs nothing, but is worth the most.
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  5:34:20 PM  Show Profile
Ooh...I'm so glad!! I hope you are not one of those expert gardeners who can figure out what the plant is just by looking at the seeds!! The only plant I can do that with is sunflower!!
I will be on the lookout for your package! Can't wait! :)
Your welcome, your welcome, your welcome!! :)

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348

Go to Top of Page

Kerbear
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Kerry
Middle Tennessee
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  7:07:06 PM  Show Profile
I cant believe you already got the seeds, Kris! That was fast! This is very exciting, I cannot wait to see what springs up too! I do not know my seeds at all so there is no way I will be able to guess! I hope to plant mine tomorrow. Yeah!!
Enjoy! Happy Planting!

~Kerry Anne
Farmgirl Sister #975
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  7:37:48 PM  Show Profile
Yay! I can't wait to find out what everyone got in their secret seed swap! Make sure you guys take pictures as your surprise develops, if you can, so we can all see!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

Sourceress
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Elisabeth
Thurmont MD
76 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  12:06:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Sourceress an AOL message  Send Sourceress a Yahoo! Message
Shari,

I got the seeds in the mail to you today. I'd wanted to send them Saturday, but the post office closed before I got there. (What can I say, I am *not* a morning person ;-) ) Anyway, I have a neat story about going to mail the seeds, and I wanted to share it with you all.

I got to the post office 10 minutes after the sign said it was supposed to close (which turned out to be earlier than I'd thought it closed), but there were still a few cars, so I figured I'd check. It turned out the postmistress, Sharon (who is also my neighbor), had gotten to chatting with another woman who had come in, and whose name I didn't quite get - I think it was Cheryl - and had not gotten around to locking the door yet. Sharon knows everybody around here, and she's just the nicest person you could ever ask to meet. So she was happy to help me mail my envelope (it's a small padded mailer that I reused), and put a "perishable" sticker on it so nobody would do anything really egregious to the seeds. I told her and Cheryl about the seed swap and Mary Jane's and the Farmgirl Connection and the Sisterhood, and Cheryl told me about a seed swap she had heard about that a group of local women organized, where each one brought whatever she had that she didn't need and traded it for stuff she wanted that her friends and neighbors had and didn't need. I'm going to have to ask her where that was, and if it was a one-time thing; it sounded like it might be something that happened on a periodic basis. Anyway, we were talking about saving seeds and about heirlooms and rare varieties and she said she loved heirlooms, and she had some heirloom tomato seeds which grew the best tomatoes - the seeds were given to her by some Italian neighbors she had at one point, whose father had brought the variety over from Italy and been growing it ever since. Anyway, she said she'd leave some of them with the postmistress for me. :-) I promised that if I could get them to grow, I would diligently save my seeds and grow more and give them to my friends and swap them with my Farmgirl Sisters and do my best to spread the excellent Italian tomatoes around, and she thought that was a great idea. I said I'd bring her some of my extra heirloom seeds (I mostly buy heirlooms at this point), and my son said "You could make a dishcloth!" so I think I will probably do that too. :-)

Anyway, it was just a really neat farm girl encounter that happened because I was mailing my secret seeds to my seed swap sister :-) I love how things work out like that sometimes. :-)

Lis
*the Sourceress*
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  04:46:36 AM  Show Profile
Awesome story, Lis!
Victoria, don't feel like a slacker- I bought those little envelopes already made, for under a dollar. They are handmade, but the person was having a clearance sale!
~ Mary LD

Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  05:24:36 AM  Show Profile
Elisabeth put me on your list when you get ready to distribute those seeds. I do mostly heirloom and would love to add to my collection. Mary those envelopes were still just too cute and perfect size for the seeds.

Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  05:54:35 AM  Show Profile
I love the story Lis! It is amazing how so many of us have so much in common, and you don't realize it until you start talking about your passions!
If you are taking names for your heirloom seeds.. sign me up!
This is my first year trying heirlooms. I had never really given heirlooms much thought until recently and to me its a way of holding on to the past..but in a good way!

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348

Go to Top of Page

OneCraftyBugger
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

R

USA
626 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  12:16:06 PM  Show Profile
I have to laugh because the mail clerk here loves to see me coming with all my MJF packages to be sent out and the stories behind them. Its fun to know that not only are we receving and giving smiles to each other, but we are passing it on in ways we dont realize.

Oh happy day!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheFeltedGnome
http://bellasaysitsso.blogspot.com/
http://theswappingcrafter.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  3:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I got my seeds today Jamie!! Thank you soo much! Yours got a little delayed ( long story) But you should be getting them this week!
Hugs!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Seed Swap ***Matches Posted Page 2*** Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page