Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Secret Seed Swap ***Matches Posted Page 2***
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Seed Swap ***Matches Posted Page 2*** Next Topic
Page: of 5

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  06:32:45 AM  Show Profile
What would you ladies think about a secret seed swap?

I'm thinking, place a couple seeds in an envelope (not too obvious like poppy seeds LOL) with growing instructions (light, watering, timing and such) and we can exchange them and plant them and see what we get. Obviously some of our more experienced gardeners out there could probably identify the crop by the seed, but some of us (like me) probably wouldn't. You can do veggies or flowers or whatever you like. Make it interesting. What do you think? Fun?

OK. Just updating the original post so everyone who checks out this swap doesn't have to search through all of the other posts to find he details. Here's how this swap is going to roll out.
Sign ups will run through Friday (April 9). On Saturday morning the swap will be officially closed for sign ups and I will post partners soon after. Then you will be responsible for contacting your partner ( if they haven't contacted you already) to exchange addresses. Then, let's make sure we get our seeds sent out by next weekend (17th-ish) so that we can get these seeds planted right away and watch our surprises grow!

Make sure that if you are allergic to any types of plants/flowers that you post it in this thread so I can make your partner aware of it. Or if you don't want veggies or a specific type of plant, just say so. When you send your seeds out, please give as detailed instructions as you can without giving away your seed's identity. Include everything the plant likes to grow (sunlight, water, temperature, fertlizers, containers, etc. )

I'm really excited about this swap! I think it will be fun!

PLEASE BE SURE TO PROTECT YOUR SEEDS (bubble wrap works great) and don't just stick them in an envelope alone. Thanks for that reminder Kristin! Good thinking! Also, be sure to include in your information whether the seed is a veggie/flower/whatever.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)

Edited by - clothedinscarlet on Apr 10 2010 06:34:09 AM

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  10:29:20 AM  Show Profile
OK...maybe it's not a good idea. LOL....

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  10:59:22 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Siobhan, I think it is a wonderful idea!! I would be intrested!
Hugs!!!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

OneCraftyBugger
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

R

USA
626 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  12:31:34 PM  Show Profile
I think its a good idea.. Heck I dont know what half the crap is growing in my yard anyways, why not just add to it!! LOL However, we would need to state reather its a flower or vegtable. Even an edible flower one would be sort of cool.

Oh happy day!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheFeltedGnome
http://bellasaysitsso.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  3:04:55 PM  Show Profile
Siobhan, I think this would be fun! I would love to join. And it sure wouldn't cost too much to send a few seeds. BUT the seeds do need extra protection or they will get smooshed in the machines even though you write to handstamp. I have gotten lots of crushed up seeds before. Just a thought. I think the bigger the seed the more they need wrapped up tight. Just sayin'.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Ms. Treadle
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Leigh-Ann
Northwest Mississippi
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  4:14:11 PM  Show Profile
This sounds like it would be fun!

Blessings,
Leigh-Ann

The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary. ~Mary Kurtz

Farmgirl Sister # 1178
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  4:56:56 PM  Show Profile
I would love to swap some seeds!

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348

*Anyone can criticize and complain and predict doom and gloom.
Be the person who fills the room with sunshine!
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  8:26:19 PM  Show Profile
I'll swap some seeds, too!
Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

Kerbear
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Kerry
Middle Tennessee
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  05:29:29 AM  Show Profile
Robin, you are cracking me up this morning!
Siobhan, this sounds like fun. Count me in! Thanks!

~Kerry Anne
Farmgirl Sister #975
Go to Top of Page

Ms. Hannigan
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Shari
Middle TN
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  05:35:01 AM  Show Profile
Count me in, it sounds fun!

...some women are drippin' with diamonds... some women are drippin' with pearls... look at me, lucky me, the only thing I'm drippin' with is... little girls...
Farmgirl #1158
blog: http://www.lifegetsmessy.com
Go to Top of Page

Catherine
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Catherine Ann
Temple TX
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  05:53:52 AM  Show Profile
I would love to join in, I have lots of seeds in my seedbox :). And I promise not to send you birdhouse gourd seeds, which I unwittingly did to one friend ... she said the vines grew so vigorously that they tried to cover up her entire garden! oh my ...
They are great fun to grow (if you are prepared for rampant vining) and even more fun to dry, paint, and hang in the garden for the birds. But, I'll stick to something "safer" this time :) .
Blessings,
Catherine

http://lovelivingsimply.blogspot.com/

Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:08:13 AM  Show Profile
OK...well maybe it's not such a bad idea after all LOL! Lets make it a quick swap and do sign ups until Friday (April 9) and then I will post partners this weekend and let's say send out your seeds by next weekend (April 17ish). Is this good for everyone?

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

mrsamy
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

Amy
Milwaukee WI
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:19:43 AM  Show Profile
Please count me in too! My garden is a surprise half the time anyway!

Prayer costs nothing, but is worth the most.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:46:46 AM  Show Profile
Siobhan, that's a good time to do this as garden season is here!! I want to get out there and til and plant but I just feel like crud right now. The pollen is horribly high and I think I am feeling it. I have no energy and need to do so much out there. But just can't seem to find my git-up-and-go. It's done gone and went somewhere else.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  10:33:11 AM  Show Profile
Well maybe the suspense of your secret seeds will give you some more initiative to get out there and get your garden going, Kris. I too am feeling the allergies something awful right now. Actually, today is a lot better than earlier this week. On Monday I just wanted to rip my head off because I felt like every sinus and my brain were stuffed with silly putty LOL....

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

Sourceress
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Elisabeth
Thurmont MD
76 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  3:36:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Sourceress an AOL message  Send Sourceress a Yahoo! Message
Ooh! I'd like to participate! I have tons and tons of seeds (because I always get carried away and buy too many). Can we send more than one kind of seed?

Thanks!
Lis
vka
*the Sourceress*
mama to Corwyn (4/99) and Galen (5/01)
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  4:50:21 PM  Show Profile
This sounds really neat!!! How can I get involved? I have the perfect seeds too!

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://thehappycalamity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  7:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Siobhan, Can I have 2 partners?
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  05:11:05 AM  Show Profile
Sure Channah :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  05:13:36 AM  Show Profile
Also, if any of you absolutely don't want a certain kind of seed (like if you are allergic to anything or don't want to grow veggies or something), please post that so I can make sure that your partner knows.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  05:24:01 AM  Show Profile
Siobhan, as much as I love to look at morning glories, I would not like to have them in my garden! Anything else is fine with me. Thank you for suggesting this. I am not allergic to anything that I know of. And I love all veggies.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  05:37:14 AM  Show Profile
I want in! Finally a swap I can get in. This time of the year I don't have time to be in the house sewing or crafting (unless I start after dark and stay up till the wee hours to finish). I finished my tote about 4 am a couple of days ago. I think I have chicken blood in me. I'm ready to go to roost when the sun goes down.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  06:15:18 AM  Show Profile
Updated original post with details so they're all in one place.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  06:19:24 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the update!!!! I am excited!!! I was just looking at the surprise seeds this morning! :):)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://thehappycalamity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kerbear
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Kerry
Middle Tennessee
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  07:14:37 AM  Show Profile
I am up for anything Siobhan! We are very fortunate not to have any allergies. Thanks so much for doing this swap, it sounds like sooo much fun!

~Kerry Anne
Farmgirl Sister #975
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  10:03:57 AM  Show Profile
Siobhan~~
Just lettin' ya know that I'm game for veggies or flowers... No allergies that I know of!!
Thanks so much for having this swap!!

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348

*Anyone can criticize and complain and predict doom and gloom.
Be the person who fills the room with sunshine!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Seed Swap ***Matches Posted Page 2*** Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page