Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Animal,Vegetable, Miracle Book Club - Interested?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Animal,Vegetable, Miracle Book Club - Interested? Next Topic
Page: of 9

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  6:53:14 PM  Show Profile
Marcia, that is so sweet about the kids garden. I love that.

July 17th is fine with me. That will give me time to find the book and read some.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  9:37:49 PM  Show Profile
You should have seen the list of what the kids wanted int their garden. It included oranges, a horse and Scooby Doo. Too cute!

"Let us never forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other art follows. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of civilization."

Daniel Webster

Go to Top of Page

dreamingofafarm
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Tina
Bangor Pennsylvania
157 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2010 :  05:31:07 AM  Show Profile
I wish their were more programs like your Marcia! It sounds wonderful!
All the best,
Tina

Farmgirl Sisterhood #1355

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones afterall." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

"There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort" - Jane Austen
Go to Top of Page

patchworkpeace
True Blue Farmgirl

478 Posts

Judy
Jackson Michigan
USA
478 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2010 :  05:31:13 AM  Show Profile
Marcia,

How encouraging! That is so cute about Scooby Doo and a horse.

Success is measured not by the position one reaches but by the obstacles one has to overcome to reach it. Booker T. Washington
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2010 :  03:34:11 AM  Show Profile
The later start date is better for me. I just ordered the book online so as soon as it arrives I'll start reading. Are we starting a new forum or staying on this one? Have a great vacation! Dianne

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

dreamingofafarm
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Tina
Bangor Pennsylvania
157 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  03:43:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
I am checking in from vacation in the Outer Banks in North Carolina! Technology is something - I am on the deck of the house overlooking the ocean and able to get a wireless signal on my laptop! It is very early - about 6:30 and no one else is up yet so this is quite the treat, we are here with two other families (16 people total, 10 kids and 6 adults!!!). We are quite outnumbered by the young ones so this trip keeps me on my toes!

So, in checking the other postings - June 18th it is for the start date of This Organic Life. I'll put the first question up next Sunday afternoon under the topic "This Organic Life Book Club" and I'll place a reminder post here about where we'll be chatting.

Hope everyone is well. Take care and talk to you soon!
All the best,
Tina

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones afterall." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  12:08:34 PM  Show Profile
That sounds like a fabulous spot to be Tina. I will hopefully have my book by then, if not I will catch up. I'm looking forward to it, I have really enjoyed this forum.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  03:34:40 AM  Show Profile
I'm in the same boat as Amy. I ordered my book from Borders.com a week and a half ago, they billed my account, but no book yet! Who do you use for ordering online that's FAST? Dianne

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

dreamingofafarm
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Tina
Bangor Pennsylvania
157 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  05:37:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
It is my last day here at vacation and it looks like we have another beautiful beach day ahead of us. The drive home will be long tomorrow, but this has truly been a wonderful trip.

Dianne, I order my books online from Amazon.com and buy the used book version if they have it. They are always great quality and I get them in about a week and half. If I don't buy used, Amazon.com will have it to me in three days or so. I bought This Organic Life used on Amazon.com from a Christian Charity in Washington State and was able to get it for $1.45! With shipping the whole order didn't top $5.

I am so excited we are all reading another book together! Talk to everyone Sunday!
All the best,
Tina

Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  10:20:14 AM  Show Profile
Chelsea Green has a short video featuring the author of This Organic Life:
http://www.chelseagreen.com/content/watch-a-quick-tour-of-joan-gussows-garden/

I think I need to get this book! :)

Playing in the Sonshine
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/sonshine4u
Go to Top of Page

dreamingofafarm
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Tina
Bangor Pennsylvania
157 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  12:55:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone,
I am going to post a new topic in a few minutes called "This Organic Life Book Club". It will be in the Reading Room section and I will add the first discussion question to the first post. Everyone can head over there for the new book as well as updates on how purchasing it are going (if some of you haven't gotten the book yet, just let me know and I'll hold off posting Chapter 2's question on Wednesday so we can all keep up). Talk to you in the new discussion thread!
All the best,
Tina

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Reading Room: Previous Topic Animal,Vegetable, Miracle Book Club - Interested? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page