Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Star Gazing Next Topic  

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  4:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I love star gazing on a warm summer night out in our field. There is nothing more beautiful and amazing!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  4:59:57 PM  Show Profile
When my sons were younger we would go behind the garage away from the street lights and lay on a blanket and just look up at the stars. My youngest brought a house in the country (no street lights) and he says his (future wife) and him love looking at the stars at night also.
I know I still love looking at them when I can, I live in a town now and it's just not the same.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  6:22:16 PM  Show Profile
Channah--did you see Orion last night? The moon was full and it was very bright. I feel sorry for people who don't take time to look at the moon and stars. They just don't know what they're missing.
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  7:20:56 PM  Show Profile
Me, too, Channah. I love gazing at the night sky. All the stars make me happy. My imagination soars when I star gaze. Nice post!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  7:23:21 PM  Show Profile
I talk to my Mum on Tuesday nights. As soon as it warm up (at least 60 at night) I get out the hammock and lots of quilts. After snuggling down - sometimes with a dog, sometimes without - I stargaze for 3 hours give or take. I love those nights!! I love to watch the stars move thru the sky during the months- usually April to October. I thought about doing it tonight but time got away from me. Next week???

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  7:23:42 PM  Show Profile
I used to do that in the field behind our house. I'd also lay out there in the tall weeds/grass during the day and stare up at the sky, sometimes falling asleep. *sigh* Enjoy those days of your youth, Channah! Those moments seem a lifetime away for me already....

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  7:26:19 PM  Show Profile
My late hubby and I would wait til the kids were a sleep and climb up on the roof with a blanket or two, cuddle up and watch for falling stars, we would wish for each others wishes to come true, and dream of times to come. we had some of our best talks on that roof... I miss those times.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  8:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh gosh, I missed it Cindy. It was really raining here. Bummer. I am so happy to see others who like to star gaze. God is just amazing! It makes me feel so small when I look up at them.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Star Gazing Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page