prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  08:13:53 AM  Show Profile
Just received my first one yesterday after buying a batch of kerosene lamp wicks from the website... So many fun things in there! I want everything! My mom always received them when I was in high school and we lived in the boonies, so I kind of grew up with them. DH and I hadn't requested a catalogue before because you have to pay to get them now unless you order something. DH decided we'd need something from them eventually, so we waited... and he was right! What have you ladies ordered from them before? Do you like their service? I think they are a bit pricey, but some things you just can't find anywhere else. I sure would love one of those beautiful new "old" cooking stoves! But there are lots of things in there that I never knew about or saw at antique stores and didn't know what they were... so I figure I can look for certain items at antique stores first... I can't believe the stainless steel drip coffee pot in Lehman's is almost $90! How can that possibly be?! I found one almost identical at an antique store for $7!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner

Chives
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Victoria
Shelton Washington
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  09:12:27 AM  Show Profile
I have purchased canners, juicers, lamps, ect. I like thier things. You can e mail them with a question and they reply fast. I grew up with them to. Vicki
Go to Top of Page

Twinsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Debbie
Wyoming
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  11:00:05 AM  Show Profile
No I have not seen their catalog, but it seems like a fun one! I love antiques and old things. I'll have to check out their website.

Twinsmom
Go to Top of Page

vegetarian farmer
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Jane
Freedom pa
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  2:02:14 PM  Show Profile
Love them. I live only three hours from them so I try to make the trip at least once a year. The store is incredable and huge and carry things that are not even in the catalog. I agree they dont have the cheapest prices on some things, but they have just about everything you can imagine. It is the farm girl super store. They even have a second store that is for the Amish and everything is non-electric. I love the fact they try to buy USA made and publish what is from the USA. Some stuff is a good deal like the marble rolling pin for $14.99. I would highly recomend them.
Jane

http://hardworkhomestead.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  2:27:42 PM  Show Profile
I agree Jane. I buy from them regularly. Some things are quite expensive, while others are very reasonable. I recently bought some fireplace tools that were much less than other stores.
Their customer service is among the best; I had an order that I called in late afternoon to have 2 itmes added to, & the whole order still arrived by UPS the next day!
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  03:39:38 AM  Show Profile
I love this!

Am close to ordering the 13x9 stainless pan from here. Love the fact that it has a lid that slides and is not aluminum.

Also am a big fan of the natural p-nut butter stirer. Now that's a great idea!
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  08:18:23 AM  Show Profile
Oooh, Jane, you're so lucky to live close to the store to go visit! I would be in heavan!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Lehman's catalogue Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page