prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  12:06:49 PM  Show Profile
Some of you may be in the midst of spring cleaning already, but who looks forward to it each year? Last year was my first year to try it because I'm in my first "home." I didn't think I'd look forward to it this year, but I do! I'm not one who really likes to clean, I need a lot of motivation. But there's just something about spring cleaning... the fact that I get to concentrate on one room a day. And when it's all said and done, I love to just sit back and admire my clean house! Plus, it's warmer so I actually feel like cleaning... I hate when the house is cold and I have to work with water!

There was an excellent article in the March/April 2010 issue of Hobby Farm Home magazine about spring cleaning...

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  11:17:12 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth:
I haven't done Spring Cleaning yet. I don't know if that will ever get done. LOL. I usually do my major cleaning when the weather gets cooler. I know what you mean about admiring a clean house. I just wish it would stay clean longer. LOL.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  10:33:47 AM  Show Profile
Very true! It doesn't last nearly long enough... I tell my dog "I have one day of a clean house. I'm sorry, you can't roll on the rug today... I'd like to enjoy it in it's clean state."

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Spring Cleaning Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page