Printer Friendly
Author Try This: Previous Topic Shampoo Next Topic  

SusieK
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

Texas
167 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  11:07:50 AM  Show Profile
Was wondering could any body give me a name of a good organic shampoo. I am trying to let me hair grow out and I am need something. Also any ideas about maybe making your hair grow a little faster. I know grow overnight but maybe something to boost it. Thank Susie

Edited by - SusieK on Mar 25 2010 07:49:44 AM

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  1:32:49 PM  Show Profile
Burt's Bee is really good or you could go totally natural and use baking soda, vinegar, and honey. :)
hugs
Jessie

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tweedlebee
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Samantha
Spokane Valley wa
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  6:41:53 PM  Show Profile
I use Natures Gate, and like it pretty well. Or I often use handmade soap for my shampoo.

Farmgirl Sitster #1327

www.tweedlebeeandtweedlebum.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  7:27:09 PM  Show Profile
Just a thought, since you said you are growing your hair out. If after you wash your hair and rinse it with warm water, rinse it again with as cold of water as you can handle. The cold water helps it so that your hair doesn't break off or split ends. :)
hugs
Jessie

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  8:25:34 PM  Show Profile
Avalon organics is good as is Aubrey organics. I like Giovanni too but it is not organic but sure repairs hair quickly if there is damage to it.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  1:45:35 PM  Show Profile
Lush Cosmetics :) vegan, organic, earth friendly...they've even got solid shampoos! And they work great!

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

vegetarian farmer
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Jane
Freedom pa
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  3:50:28 PM  Show Profile
I was using organic castile soap (cheap and natural) now I am trying baking soda like Jessie said. I just started and it seems to work fine. Not sure about long term, but I will keep you posted. And my hair dresser always said your hair will grow faster in the spring and early summer and slow down in the fall and winter so you should be gettings some growth soon. Also I heard flax oil is good for hair growth(eaten, not put on hair).
Jane

http://hardworkhomestead.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  08:21:34 AM  Show Profile
Some brand I like are Burt's Bee, Naked Bee, and Aubrey Organics. They work well and are very affordable. If money's not a issue I like Aveda, I'm a stylist and worked for a Aveda Concept salon for over 11 years and really liked a lot of their products. But I have to say the products mentioned above work just as well in my opinion for half the cost. I also use things such as baking soda mixed with shampoo to remove product build up and do vinegar rinses which leaves a nice high shine. You can also do a cold water rinse to help close the cuticle of the hair which will make your hair shine more (a closed cuticle reflects light better). But nothing you use will stop ends from splitting, you have to get trims because if you don't the hair will continue to spit up the hair shaft which means you'll have a head full of frizzy frazzled hair that looks thin on the ends and is frizzy. So trimming every month or month and a half is important (depending how much stress you put on your hair). There's absolutely no way around it.
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  3:27:03 PM  Show Profile
My family has been using an organic one (Burt's Bees isn't totally organic) from Bee-ceuticals. I have thick, long hair and it is working very well.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  2:24:46 PM  Show Profile
What are the ratios for the honey, vinegar, and baking soda? Do you use any sort of a conditioner?

~Ashley
Go to Top of Page
  Try This: Previous Topic Shampoo Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page