Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 OFFER: Vintage crochet squares
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic OFFER: Vintage crochet squares Next Topic  

angie
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Angie

17 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2006 :  4:58:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! I purchased a vintage sewing box at an antique store this weekend. It has several (about 6-8) crochet squares that (I'm imagining) a sweet little old lady took the time to make and write the pattern names and instructions to. I guess they were her samples for baby blankets and such. There is also one older doily that she may have been repairing...it has several feet of unraveled yard attached to it. Anywho, I do not crochet but I thought she put too much effort into recording her handiwork, I just couldn't toss them.

If you are interested, let me know. The only thing I ask in return is that you share a good ol' family recipe with me...preferably handwritten on a recipe card. I love collecting old family favorites. The handwriting just seems to make them more personal! Thanks!!

Angie in Middle Tennessee

Fivestone Academy Farm

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2006 :  6:14:13 PM  Show Profile
Oohh, those sound so precious - nice to be displayed! I can send you either a family recipe or one from a vegetarian collective cafe I was part of on the 70's depending on whether you want something european or something funky! So what are you hungry for? I even have some 60's recipe cards I bought at a thrift store.

Allison
Go to Top of Page

angie
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Angie

17 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2006 :  09:57:55 AM  Show Profile
Cool! The 60's recipe card sounds great. I'll take a family recipe. I'm the only one in our family that appreciates vegan. Here's my email: fivestoneacademy@hotmail.com Just send me your mailing address and I'll get the squares in the mail.

Thanks!
Angie

Fivestone Academy Farm
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  9:20:56 PM  Show Profile
Just got the sweet crochet samples. They are too cute. Thanks. I plan to edge the doily with the remaining yarn and put it on a side table I have. I'll think of all the grandmas and their grandmas whose skills and love we cherish.
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic OFFER: Vintage crochet squares Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page