Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 50th Church anniversary need ideas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic 50th Church anniversary need ideas Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  7:28:06 PM  Show Profile
Our church is celebrating our 50th this next year. We are starting the planning process and are gathering ideas to make this an unforgettable celebration. Any of you have any fun ideas to share with me? I hope I have posted this in the right forum.

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  7:55:50 PM  Show Profile
What about a big potluck picnic/game day? Our school does an Amazing Race day every year (you don't have to go as far as that) and all the grades go to the park and we have hot dogs and stuff like that and it is always so much fun. You could have obstacle courses for the younger ones, if you have a guitarist, they could play music, and everyone could bring a dish to share. Hope this helps!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  04:39:41 AM  Show Profile
When our church celebrated our 100th we invited past Pastors in to speak. We celebrated over a few months - we've had about 4 pastors (still living). We had dinners, picnics etc.

Farm Girl #790

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  05:37:13 AM  Show Profile
When we celebrated our 100th we gathered as many pictures as we could. And made posters, scrapbooks from them. Everyone truely enjoyed looking back. It brought back a lot of fond memories. We also invited past ministers. You are going to have fun, just enjoy! It's a memory that will go with you forever.

Blessings, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  6:53:51 PM  Show Profile
Our church celebrated it's 50th several years ago. The charter members wrote a book of history about the church, we invited all former priest/pastors to come and speak at the dinner/celebration; we had a big dinner party, and printed a photo directory the same year. And we celebrated at church with banners and music. It was quite fun.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  7:02:01 PM  Show Profile
You ladies should do a cookbook! Even if it was just xeroxed, everyone could put their favorite recipe in, and a little blurb about themselves and the recipe.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  07:30:15 AM  Show Profile
I think a cookbook would be fun. We could do one just for our congregation and do something simple. It would be fun to share. We have very good cooks in our church.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  07:33:42 AM  Show Profile
What was popular in 1960? You could have a celebration that somewhat "reminisced" the year that the church was formed. Food and games from that era. And I like the idea of a church history--I think that's so important in these days of "mega churches"...to remember where you came from.

Are there any members that are still attending from the beginning? How about an oral history project at the picnic, where they share their memories of the church, ministers, groundbreaking, etc...

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic 50th Church anniversary need ideas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page