classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  09:05:06 AM  Show Profile
I'm in my late 50's and as I have aged I see a big difference in my skin. It is so dry and just can't seem to find anything to help. And I've tried alot. Does anyone have a good idea that may work for me? Would love to try anything.

Thanks, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  7:49:00 PM  Show Profile
I'm in my late forties and I use sweet almond oil on my face and lanolin on my hands. I also have to remember to wear sunscreen now that I'm outdoors more. I've been experimenting with different recipes for lotions, cleansers, etc. I prefer cosmetics that are all natural. Who wants to put "methylparabens" on their skin?
cindy
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  8:28:24 PM  Show Profile
Thank you prariehawk, I'll try the sweet almond oil. I use to have oily skin and had to handle that. Now it is terribly dry. Actually so is my legs and arms. There not much out there that really works. I will also try the lanolin. Will the almond oil help with the elastistiy? spelled that wrong, But it seems that the skin on my face is getting a saggyness. Maybe you can't cure all ageing. Thanks, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  9:53:06 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Brenda, Raw coconut oil does wonders for all skin types and conditions. Best of luck!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  02:59:21 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Channah! Looks like I need to go back to the Health Food Store.

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  7:34:50 PM  Show Profile
Brenda--I don't know if the almond oil will help with elasticity--I think that has a lot to do with diet. Maybe the people at the health food store could recommend something. I know it's important to drink water. I'm just learning about herbs so I don't know which herbs might help. But having "wisdom lines" (wrinkles) is a sign of character--so wear your face proudly!
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  8:17:36 PM  Show Profile
Will do, I guess I've earned them. Thanks, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

cajungrammie
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

tina
dry prong la.
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  04:45:00 AM  Show Profile  Send cajungrammie a Yahoo! Message
i too have really dry skin,i use goat's milk soap.it makes your skin so silky.and yes drink lots of water.

Sometimes I think I know Everything!!Then I wake Up!!
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  04:54:56 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Tina, the doctors told me about the water and I'm trying. I know that it will help and I've never been one to drink much water. So I guess that I've really brought this on myself. But I will continue trying and maybe it will help some from the years of abuse of not drinking water as I should. I do appreciate all the suggestions.

Thanks again, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  05:41:27 AM  Show Profile
I am going to be 50 this June. One of the things I use to keep my face from feeling dry is a face cleanser that is easy to make and leaves my skin feeling soft & smooth. A cup of yogurt, 1/2 to a 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar mixed together. Put a handful on your face & rub in for a minute. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. The mixture lasts for a week in the fridge.

I also drink lots of water, take vitamins for women plus fish oil. A lot of people think I'm 38 years old and are shocked when I mention my oldest son will be 28 in June.

Good luck finding what works best for you.
Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  05:56:05 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Dawn, those are things I have right now. I will be using that today. I have the spirit of a 25 yr old and just don't like to see my skin getting so dry. Wish you could do face exercise's to tone it up like you can your body. hahaha

Blessings, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  1:41:00 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, you can do face exercises to tone up your face muscles. Take a look at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble or wherever you buy your books and look up subjects for Face Exercises.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

podsandpetals
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Cindy
Genoa NY
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  8:11:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi! Don't laugh at me! I use California Baby's calendula cream on my face. It has glycerine in it which is wonderful for dryness and it's not over poweringly scented. Yes- it's not just for the diaper area! HeeHeeHee

Check out "Support a farm girl night" http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38448

www.podsandpetals.etsy.com
ebay seller podsandpetals
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  8:26:20 PM  Show Profile
Cindy where do you get the cream, never heard of it!
Blessings,Brenda

Go to Top of Page

podsandpetals
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Cindy
Genoa NY
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  7:19:03 PM  Show Profile
A friend used to sell it in her shop. Google California Baby- they sell online but I'm not sure of the web address. -Cindy

Check out "Support a farm girl night" http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38448

www.podsandpetals.etsy.com
ebay seller podsandpetals
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  9:25:51 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Cindy

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

fiddlegirl89
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Kayla
Dunnville KY
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  07:59:48 AM  Show Profile  Send fiddlegirl89 an AOL message  Send fiddlegirl89 a Yahoo! Message
I second the coconut oil...eating more coconut oil would also help, from the inside out! My mom makes raw milk soap (the milk isn't pastuerized so all the helpful, healing properties are very much alive and present and active) and it's great for your skin. She's also started making lotion bars and that sort of thing, and our products are all we ever use...we never have any skin problems or dryness.

http://www.custerfamilyfarm.com
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Help for skin care Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page