Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Herbal Wisdom
 Best thing to use on your skin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Best thing to use on your skin Next Topic  

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  09:48:00 AM  Show Profile
Hey everyone, since having my first baby I have had the worst adult acne...I will break out and then it bleeds and because I have an issue with clotting, I then scar very easily. Anyone have suggestions?
Em

--
See my custom costumes, download free patterns, and hear some spook EVPs from Gettysburg, PA on my site, www.alterationsbyemily.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  11:03:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Emily- have you tried Tea Tree Oil? It is a natural antisceptic and healing oil. When I have acne I use it up to 5x daily on my skin. It is an essential oil and aborbs into the skin, killing the bad bacteria from several layers deep. It works like magic!

I have heard the acne that is water and bleeds is more of the bacteria type and the stuff that comes out at plugs/waxy is more buildup. Also don't wash your face too much or it just stimulates more oil production.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  2:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Tea Tree oil works great! So does raw coconut oil! I am serious. It works wonders!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  09:24:53 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I have noticed more acne with my period as I get closer to 40. Plus I have moved across the country and into a completely different climate.

I was using Dove's Green tea and cucumber facial clothes. I went to get some yesterday and I think that Dove has discontinued there line. I am rather sensitive. But I like the facial clothes as they exfolate with out being too harsh. I don't have to use anything but the clothes and a moisturizer. Olay burns. I am allergic to chamomile. Isn't that funny, it is in almost all sensitive skin products. Grrrr

Any suggestions?

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  4:13:58 PM  Show Profile
hmmm good food for thought ladies, I will pick up some tea tree oil ASAP and start that... Mrs Rooster, Target sells something similar on their up and up brand, i use them in the morning... its worth at least looking for.

--
See my custom costumes, download free patterns, and hear some spook EVPs from Gettysburg, PA on my site, www.alterationsbyemily.com
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  07:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Emily. It is hard to live in a world where everything is so heavily scented.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  2:39:33 PM  Show Profile
I got my teetrea oil yesterday and have been putting it on my skin... to be honest.... I think I smell like a barn... somewhere between horse poop and hay...

LOL but at least I like horse barns

--
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  7:55:14 PM  Show Profile
I've heard Witch Hazel is also an excellent antiseptic and is supposed to work well on acne.

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

podsandpetals
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Cindy
Genoa NY
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  7:59:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi! Burt's Bees makes a roll on called "Doctor Burt's Herbal Blemish Stick" it works really well for me. Has calendula,borage, yarrow, parsley, willow bark extracts and lemon, fennel, tea tree, juniper and eucalyptus oils. Seems to dry pimples up in a day or two. -Cindy

Check out "Support a farm girl night" http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38448

www.podsandpetals.etsy.com
ebay seller podsandpetals
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  8:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I have never seen that one Cindy. Thanks so much!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Best thing to use on your skin Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page