Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sweetest gift? Next Topic  

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  08:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
What is the sweetest gift you got from your hubby?

When I first married my farm boy, he presented me with a washtub of horse manure and a pack of seeds. That is the first thing I grew. I had beautiful flowers all season long. Forget bouquets! I had cutting flowers until frost!! Plus it meant so much more.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  08:48:39 AM  Show Profile
That's really cute that your sweetest gift was poo <3

The sweetest gift I ever got was a book my DH had made for me two Christmases ago. He compiled pictures of all the custom knitting I had done for people in my first year in business and had a professional book printed of it all. I had worried the whole year that me taking time out to knit customs was going to make him feel like I was paying less attention to him, but in reality, he was just really proud of me and how hard I was working. It made me feel so special!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  08:52:56 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
My husband never forgets Valentines day we dated 15 years before we married and I always get flowers. He knows I love them. But one year for Christmas I asked for a wood chipper to make mulch. He did not want to do that because a gift he says should not put one to work. He got it for me any way and he is a gem at helping use and keep it in shape. I love this toy. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  3:58:41 PM  Show Profile
The sweetest gifts that I received from my wonderful sweet loving late hubby, did'nt cost a penny. I collect hearts, paper, glass, wood, clay, etc...One day hubby comes in from checking fences lines in the big pasture, hes got that big silly grin on his face, so I know something is up,lol. He tells me to close my eyes and stick out my hands, he puts something cool and solid in them. I open my eyes and there are 3 rocks, all shaped by nature and God into perfect hearts, sigh... I love that man, I now have a collection of hearts that include around 20 that are heart shaped rocks.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  4:45:16 PM  Show Profile
Awe Teresa..that's pretty sweet!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  5:36:17 PM  Show Profile
I have gotten some nice gifts, but the one that stands out was the one my doctor commented on during an ultrasound in his office. He asked me on my birthday (I found out I was pregnant on my birthday) if my aniversary was on Feb 5?

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  5:39:34 PM  Show Profile
what a sweet story Teresa. My hubby gave me a new hoe one year for Mother's day and I was thrilled. The girls at work thought that was an awful gift, but it was just what I wanted. He also bulid my chicken coop, and one gift he gives me all the time is just loving me for who I am. I know I do things a little different, but he is always proud of me and respects who I am. I just might keep him! lol, Carol

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  6:19:08 PM  Show Profile
Carol, a new hoe would be just fine with me, I'm not a foofoo girl in any way shape or form, I love practical gifts, especially when its something I asked for,lol.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  8:15:05 PM  Show Profile
Several years ago there was a set of 6 very old pink Depession wine glasses with green stems and bottom for sale at an antique shop in Chattanooga. I wanted them so bad but they were so expensive. On Christmas morning I opened my gift from my hubby and there they all were! I just sat there and cried. I love him. I was very much surprised. I still have those beautiful glasses. I used to collect the pink Depression glass but either sold or gave away all but those and a few of my grandmother's dishes. I will always have those to remind me of my wonderful husband.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  9:40:13 PM  Show Profile
I remember 4 years ago I got a nice wireless screw gun for Mother's Day. I wore it out, maybe I'll get a new one. Everyone reknews my faith in men as a group!

It's all good!

http://mscountrygirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  12:16:47 AM  Show Profile
Oke, I KNOW I am "out of my league" here lol. Because I am not married. But might I mention the bestest gift I ever received from my brother, please (as if y'all don't know by now duh )
He is paying my air fare to Thailand again this summer! We will be seeing eachother again after 2 years. He payed it last time - 2 years ago- and will be doing so this time. The reason being that I can't afford it on my very low income, and he can. SO That is the bestest gift I received from my big brother

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)

Edited by - dutchy on Mar 17 2010 12:20:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  06:03:16 AM  Show Profile
During a weekend in the country motorcycle ride a few years ago, my motorcycle broke down in the middle of no-where. We had to leave it in a farmer's barn and I had to continue the trip on the back of my DH's friends motorcycle since my DH did not have a rear seat. We got home and had to drive back up to get my bike. It was my 47th birthday. When we got back, my son brought over my "new motorcycle" that my DH got for me! It was a pearl white Yamaha V-star! I gussied her up with black and white saddle bags. Pretty extravagent present. Needless to say, we have sold all but one of the motorcycles on our path to simplify and get out of debt. They really weren't a neccesity and I am so busy in the gardens that I don't miss them that much. I have my truck and it is a lot more useful.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  8:06:03 PM  Show Profile
My wonderful honey got me what I call my baby rotiller. He has this huge one that
I couldn't ever move, so he bought me one just the right size for me. I can't thank
him enough for that rotiller, because making garden beds with my shovel was very,
very hard work. Now if I could only get him to help me with my garden.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sweetest gift? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page