Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Healthy Sign of Spring!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Healthy Sign of Spring! Next Topic  

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  5:16:57 PM  Show Profile
Today I went for the first bike ride of the season! I love riding my bike, and it was fun because I was with one of my neighbors who I have not seen in a very long time. Anybody else take the first bike ride of the season?
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  5:24:48 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Just about to! I took a very long beautiful walk in the woods. It was breath taking! God is so good!
I am glad you had fun Megan! Me, my dad,my 2 brothers, and sister love to go on 5 or more mile bike rides in the country. Lots of fun in the spring and summer. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  7:51:05 PM  Show Profile
Megan:
Yes, I have had my bike out for a couple of weeks. I've rode so much the tires need air!!!! The first couple of days of riding were a bit rough on my thigh muscles. LOL. Happy bike riding to you and Maggie.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  8:33:20 PM  Show Profile
Marly, I am right there with you! My thigh muscles and my butt really hurt from riding! My hands are a little cramped, too. Wow, I'm sorry that sounds really whiny! But it will get better once I start riding more often.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  8:40:51 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Biking always makes my thigh muscles hurt too. lol But it always feels so good!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  9:39:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh that remindes me that I need to get my bike out- Nora loves going for bike rides. She was always asking to go for them last summer but my knee was bad (I think I might have had gout!!!) Anyway I felt bad saying no- but this year should be different- Just as soon as this darn head cold thing goes away!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Patty73
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Patsy
Winter Springs Florida
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  7:05:31 PM  Show Profile
alee,
You said something about your knee and gout. Wanted to tell you what I took that has helped me a lot: Cherry Fruit Extract capsules.
I started riding my bike this week...my knees still sore but better.

Farmgirl Sister #974

Begin Again
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  04:52:09 AM  Show Profile
I took my bike out on Tuesday for the first ride of the season. Such fun! It wasn't my legs that hurt afterwards but my back side. Perhaps I need a new seat or more practice. Ouchie.

I may venture out again today or tomorrow. Bad weather is coming this weekend.

Farm Girl #790

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  3:38:09 PM  Show Profile
I did a bike ride after lunch. The weather was absolutely beautiful. Spring is here, for sure! I'm trying to ride a couple of miles, but I haven't done it yet. After a mile I have to turn around and head home. A round trip of four miles may happen by summer. LOL. Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  9:29:16 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Good for you Marly!!! I love riding my bike out in the country! It's so beautiful!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  05:37:20 AM  Show Profile
I'm hoping to have enough $ to buy a bike for myself this year. I am going to teach my youngest son to ride his bike and hope to have one so we can go on trails together.

Enjoy your bicycle rides, may the wind always be at your back!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  08:29:53 AM  Show Profile
I don't have a bike but me and the goats and dogs and cats and grankids love to take hikes out back behind our house. There are steep hills and valleys so we get a good workout. We can see for miles at the top of the highest hill. It's so beautiful here. And then we go down to the little pretty stream and let the animals drink and we soak our feet in the cool water. And Bubba the dog plays in the pond.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

phonelady
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

Carla
Loveland Colorado
323 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  06:49:20 AM  Show Profile
That sounds like fun Kris!
I remember the cats and I used to all walk through the woods to go get the mail when I lived over in Hinesville GA.

I was just looking at the bike through the window last evening. Gotta get it all tuned up [in the hopes that it will warm up enough to actually ride soon!]

It's nice to ride here in Grand Junction, CO. They have trails all over and I can even ride right into town to the 50's Diner [If I'm brave enough - that's a few miles and high hills!]
Smiles!
Carla

"You shot it Tarzan-
You eat it."
Dave Ramsey
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Healthy Sign of Spring! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page