Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Help! Pets stain carpet :( !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Help! Pets stain carpet :( ! Next Topic  

tawandasister
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Sadiemae
Wolcottville Indiana
USA
65 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  5:04:24 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone who has beloved dog pets in the house have brilliant ideas for getting stains out of the carpet in a "green" friendly way?

One of my cattle dogs got sick last night and ran right for the carpeted room (wood floors elsewhere - why is this?) and I have scrubbed and scrubbed but can't get the "brown" out...I put baking soda on to absorb oder but seem to be out of ideas...?

Would love anything you girls got!!

Blessings, Sadiemae

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  5:06:17 PM  Show Profile
Peroxide? If it's not a dark carpet, at least. Maybe do a spot test somewhere to try for colorfastness.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  5:25:15 PM  Show Profile
Vinegar works wonders! And so does Nature's Miracle which we bought when our Golden Retriever girl had anxiety issues last year. Nature's Miracle will take out the stain plus the odor. I have used vinegar on spots too with no discoloration and no residual smell or odor. I guess I would try that first, but put some in a hidden spot first to make sure that it is not going to discolor your carpet.
I don't know why they go for the carpets, do you think it reminds them of grass?!!!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Nothing we achieve in this world is achieved alone. It is always achieved with others teaching us along the way. Lee J. Colan

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

rschaaf
True Blue Farmgirl

174 Posts

Renee
Wooster Ohio
USA
174 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  5:48:11 PM  Show Profile
Sadiemae,
You'll think I'm crazy, but boil some water in a tea kettle and pour the water from waist height or higher. Pour it slow so it's a small stream. It will splash, so be carefull. My husband got mustard on our dining room carpet and I got elderberry pie on a shirt one time. I tried this trick and it worked both times. I don't know how or why, but it does.
Nature's Miracle is wonderful at getting odors out. It even works on cat urine.

"There is beauty, there is grace, in my peaceful country place!"

See what I'm up to at: http://www.lifeonctfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rschaaf
True Blue Farmgirl

174 Posts

Renee
Wooster Ohio
USA
174 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  5:50:38 PM  Show Profile
Sadiemae,
Forgot to mention. Try extracting with a shop vac once you've scrubbed it and it's still wet. You have to "pull" the stain out of the fibers. I carpet cleaner guy told me this once.

"There is beauty, there is grace, in my peaceful country place!"

See what I'm up to at: http://www.lifeonctfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tawandasister
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Sadiemae
Wolcottville Indiana
USA
65 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  08:55:50 AM  Show Profile
Thankyou, thankyou!! I"m going to try these cause at this point I'm desperate! Our dogs are usually good and never have accidents in the house but this one got into something and its a die-hard won't come out but I haven't tried vinegar or the kettle thing? And if that doesn't work I'll get some of the nature's miracle! Thanks again Ladies!! I love how everyone always has wonderful ideas on here!!!

Blessings, Sadiemae
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  09:26:23 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Just in time....my old dog just got sick on my nice wool rug. Thank you ladies for all the info.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Help! Pets stain carpet :( ! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page