GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1414 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1414 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  04:41:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies :) I'm reading about all this "chapter chatter" and I'm so excited to start my own chapter on "Anne of Green Gables Island" in Canada :) So, I signed up for a kit and got my chapter name.....so now what??! LOL I'm not sure what to do from me. I want to advertise, but not sure how I should run the group, once a month or once a week, what we should discuss at the first meeting, and several meeting after that...could I get some helpful advice from veteran chapter girls :) Thank you in advance!!

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  10:00:03 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
What I did when I started the chapter here was to schedule the first meeting and then ask the gals that wanted to be in the chapter what they wanted. We currently meet the last Tuesday of each month as a club meeting and then once a week for projects. I found that the local library and extention office were great resourses for posters and contacts. I also put posters up at a local quilt shop, garden centers and feed stores. GREAT job on starting a new chapter. You will have so much fun.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  5:57:11 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Wonderful information Rene'! I would really like to get my chapter going, but, I need Farmgirls first. Thanks!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

cathys828
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Cathy M.
Dansville NY
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  06:25:01 AM  Show Profile
(I am posting this in Two places, because I am just learning the tricks here)

NY Corkers! We are organizing our first meeting, let us all know where you live, remember Time Travel is possible, so don't hesitate because you think live too far away!

Once we map our locations, we need to find a meeting place! Any suggestions?

walk in peace Sisters, Cathy
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic New Chapter Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page