LBP
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Linda
Goodview VA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  05:28:57 AM  Show Profile
Wednesday night as I was sitting with the window open and reading my husband came in to ask why I had the window open when it was so cool out. I told him I could "hear" the frogs coming. He was like "how to you hear frogs coming there is so sound of a frog outside?" I said I don't know but I know they will be here soon. I can "hear" them"

Last night we began to get some rain and I thought I heard a trill. I listened more carefully, was that what I thought it was? Was that one of my frogs?" A couple minutes later I hear another trill! That was definintely a frog. I grabbed the flashlight and headed out to the pond. There they were!!! 4 frogs! Ladies I absolutely love the sound of the frogs in the pond! It's such a springy sound. Every night that they are at our pond, I sleep with the window open just to hear the frogs. Soon there will be tadpoles and the kingergarten teacher will be down to get some to take them to her class. She has been doing this ever since my 18 year old son was in kindergarten. The kids love watching them morphing into frogs.
We usually end up with 15-20 frogs in our pond and I am totally fascinated with them. Spring is definitely on her way!

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  05:38:38 AM  Show Profile
Cute story! We have alot of tree frogs here (no pond), and I love their sound, too. So far, though, no froggies yet!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  05:47:43 AM  Show Profile
Hubbies don't always trust our intuition.....what a shame, they miss out on a lot! HA HA

What a great contribution to the education of young children you have made for so many years. I bet all the kids, young and old, have sweet memories of that kindergarten class.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  06:24:23 AM  Show Profile
.awwwww! lovely! I love the sounds of nature!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  06:50:18 AM  Show Profile
That is so neat! I think we are all just waiting for spring to settle upon us! I watch the trees.

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  07:56:35 AM  Show Profile
weve had "peepers" for about three weeks now! I love em! We slept with the window open the last two nights!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.eggsandherbs.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  08:58:40 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I heard them too. well not yours but I heard them and then the weather turned colder but they are HERE. Definately a Spring sound. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  09:05:47 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
cute story! :) :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  10:47:20 AM  Show Profile
I have always known that one day I would have frogs and would know them by name by their croak. We have 5 acres in the country and are contemplating a move out there. Well about 10 minutes ago my husband said that the low spot would be a great place for a pond. I can hear the frogs already.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  7:33:47 PM  Show Profile
Yeaaaa....I'm tickled to meet "FellowFroggieLovers!" I listen for the spring peepers to arrive in Spring too! Don't you just love that sound? I have a nature machine I sleep with, and I usually listen to Rain but I started playing the "Night Sounds" in anticipation of the "Froggie-Arrival!" It won't be long now!Soooo excited!

Sister-chick# 905(Oct.7th2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  02:12:36 AM  Show Profile
The peepers have been calling for several nights now. I love hearing them. Also I saw the first buttercups (daffodils) in bloom yesterday. Spring is here now! We've had our bedroom windows open for a few nights this week to hear the peepers at night.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  06:34:24 AM  Show Profile
They are here, too. For the last week really loud. I love to hear them.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

vintage saver
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

oleta
wheelersburg ohio
USA
323 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  06:50:10 AM  Show Profile
The frogs aren't here yet or I haven't heard them. I love to hear them in the spring. That's my sign that spring is really here, although the last two years we heard them and then we got another freeze and we had to wait again.
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  08:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Yes the last few days we have been hearing the peepers. They are the first real ture signs of spring. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  10:04:21 AM  Show Profile
Awe...I'm jealous! I haven't heard my frogs yet. That was one of the boys' favorite things about our new house last summer. The frogs down at the pond. It took a very watchful eye at all times to keep them from going down to the pond they're only 2 and 4 years old, so it's just too dangerous right now. Our pond is small, only about 20 feet across, but it's up to about 4' deep in the middle which is over both of their heads. They're so curious about those frogs though LOL! I'm sure they will be down there again this year trying to catch the tadpoles...I can't wait to hear that sound again. I love it!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan, wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I told him I heard them! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page