Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Interpretation of dreams...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Interpretation of dreams... Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3322 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3322 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  8:28:27 PM  Show Profile
This is going to sound a little "fruity" but does anyone out there interpret dreams?

I had one just the other night that has been haunting me. I am facing a huge floor to ceiling window which is completely opaque, but I can feel the coolness by placing my hand on the window; my sister is at one end of the window and I am on the other. She is looking at me and I am looking out the opaque window.

Any one care to interpret that?

I did find this definition--To see windows in your dream, signifies bright hopes, vast possibilities and insight. To dream that you are looking out the window, signifies your outlook on life, your consciousness, point of view, awareness, and intuition.

Thank you! I am looking forward to your interpretation...

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  9:04:26 PM  Show Profile
One definition of opaque is " not clear or easy to understand" according to my old college dictionary. I don't know what it means that your sister is looking at you. by the way, I'm not officially a dream interpreter but I have a degree in psychology so I'm looking at it from that point of view. Hope this helps. It's important not to interpret dreams literally--they often have several layers of meaning.
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  9:16:01 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I agree what Cindy said. Some dreams have great meaning but sometimes are very hard to understand. I hope someone helps you figure it out Melody. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  06:01:50 AM  Show Profile
Cindy I have found that most of the time when I have a bizzare dream there is something going on in my life that it pertains to. One time I had a dream that I was in a VW bug trying to cross a flooded river and all these people jumped in the car. I was trying to paddle but no one would help and I could not keep the car afloat. We were just wildly being consumed by the river and the other passengers were climbing on my shoulders. I couldn't get them off and I was drowning. When I woke up I thought that was the weirdest dream. But it stuck in my head and I soon realized that was how I was feeling in real life. I was in a very stressful job at that time and the team that I was working with was not pulling their weight. We were quickly losing control of the situation and since I was the director I was the one going down. It was my first time to direct the team and I needed to do some revamping of my style. They were looking for direction and I was still trying to be one of the "guys". We had a quick pow-wow and got back on track. It worked out great. Take a look at what is going on in your life. Is there something about your sister that is unsettling to you. It may not jump out at you at first. Are you worried about her? Remember your dreams are your subconscious mind allowed to roam.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  06:48:31 AM  Show Profile
Hey Cindy, I am also a Psychology major and agree with what eveyrone has posted. I would venture a guess that there is some personal issue with your sister and something that is not clear between you. I don't know you personally so that is only my guess. I always encourage people to journal. Often that helps to sort things out.

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3322 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3322 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  09:30:04 AM  Show Profile
I just wanted to share with the girls who responded--You hit the nail right on the head. Sometimes, it can be so obvious that you cannot see it. Yes---my sister was recently incarcerated for her 2nd DUI and is on her way "home" to restart her life. She will be leaving everything and everyone behind that was her life. She is looking at me in my dream I think for direction-I am looking out an opaque window because I know that only she can change the course of her life. I cannot see out the window for her-she has to do that herself.

I feel soooo much better now-Thank you for shedding some light and giving me your interpretation.

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Interpretation of dreams... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly