Page: of 2

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  11:13:31 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Can you tell me how to join the sisterhood and earn badges? I am new here and am kind of lost.

I was so glad to find this forum. We moved to Texas this past July and I am 1300 miles from friends and family. I am a stay at home Mom and am having a hard time finding friends that have similar interests.

Thank you for your help.

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  12:03:29 PM  Show Profile
Amy, It is confusing at first. After a bit I got the hang of it and am sure that you will as well. You can send an email to join the sister hood and then they will send your number. Brian Ogle is wonderful and if you call the number listed he can walk you through it. I have not been a farmgirl for long but, I really am having a great time with it. I think there a lot of girls from Texas on here and I am hoping some of them are close by you. I live in Cincinnati but, am happy to email back and forth with you. If I can help you with anything please let me know. I will be praying for you and sending you good thoughts.
delicia
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  12:07:04 PM  Show Profile
Here you will find someone with the same interests' These farmgirls do just about everything. I am not knew here and I have thought about joining but I am so busy now that I don't know if I will ever find extra time. I was in Texas for 3 or 4 months at fort Sam Huston back in 1977. I loved it there, we where having a blizzard up here. Try Maggie14 she's a young girl who is earning her farmgirl badges. I think her mom is a farmgirl also. But I am still working on who is who. Good luck and welcome

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  12:09:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi Amy! Welcome to the Farmgirl Connection!!

If you click on Home in the top right corner, it will take you to the main site page and you can click on "Find out more and Join the Sisterhood today!" under the heading of Join the Sisterhood.

This will also take you into a detailed description of the sisterhood as well as a listing of the badges and what is required to earn each one. :)

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan

Deeperrootsfarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  12:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am really interested in earning badges. I loved Girl scouts as a girl.

Go to Top of Page

Madgardener
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Janet
Oldsmar Fl
USA
77 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  2:43:53 PM  Show Profile
You will fit right in, and have so many farm girl friends and places to post and chat... web sites to visit, and blogg... jump right in and go girl... Madgardener #697 www.phoenixfarm.biz..

www.phoenixfarm.biz
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  07:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I bought my membership last night. I can't wait to get my number.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  07:03:13 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I am so happy for you Amy!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  07:45:50 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Amy!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  08:11:08 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the sisterhood Amy!!! I lived in Houston for 25 years - Bear Creek area, memorial area and the Heights. Actually I am catching a plane for IAH early tomorrow. This time around I will be staying in the Kemah area with my fingers crossed we can fit in a trip...or two to Galveston. Have fun with the badges.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  11:01:34 AM  Show Profile
To do the badges do you have to be in the sisterhood?

Just wondering thanks
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  11:10:51 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Tammy you have to be in the sisterhood (have a number) to work on the badges :-)

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  12:00:22 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Love Kemah. It was one of the first places I was taken to when we moved here in July. Was here in Oct 2008. But the hurricaine had just gone thru not a month before and it was a mess yet. So we spent most of our time in San Antonio. I love San Antonio.
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  12:08:06 PM  Show Profile
Welcome!!!!!
:o)

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus ...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
My Etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures ...http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  12:11:32 PM  Show Profile
I have not been to SA in a long, long time but love the alamo and the riverwalk. My husband's family has historical links to the area...the King William distict. Not sure but the house is now part of the Marriot or the Hyatt or some such. It was dedicated a few years back. I need to getback to Texas more often. Galveston, Bryan, Independence (rose emporium) are on the agenda so far along with seeing my parents and friends :-)

-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  6:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Look!!! I have a hexigon!!!!!! Yea!!!!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  8:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I am soooo happy for you Amy!! It is so exciting!! What number are you?
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  07:44:17 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Don't know yet. Where do I find that?
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  12:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I am pretty sure Brian will give you your number by e-mail. But I am not really sure.
Hugs,
channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

bdhughes77
True Blue Farmgirl

126 Posts

Debbie
Menomonie WI
USA
126 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  9:32:34 PM  Show Profile
Amy, Welcome to the "sista" hood. There is so much to do here and so many interesting things to occupy your mind!

Debbie #1223

Count your blessings!
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  9:44:50 PM  Show Profile
I told myself that I would join the sisterhood when I found a jacket to put my patches on. Today I got a tan cordory jacket so I will be joining shortly!! I am very excited.

It's all good!

http://mscountrygirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  09:31:06 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I am Farmgirl #1259!!!!! WOOO HOOOO

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  1:17:29 PM  Show Profile
I'm not sure what my number is, but I got it yesterday. I am having to hold myself in so that I don't go pig wild over starting on badges, etc. Next week I will have some extra time and I'm trying to wait!

Plus I got my BakeOver skillet so guess what we're having for dinner tonight.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  2:37:25 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I went to the Official List and found my #.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  9:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I am soo happy for you ladies! It is so exciting!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  09:25:24 AM  Show Profile
Well, I got the veggies to make a bakeover for dinner. The first thing-I read the directions for the skillet puffs so I had to pour out the water/milk I had already added! Cut in the butter, re-added the liquid. Was too lazy to roll the dough so I just smooshed it around on top with my fingers. So it didn't make a lipped crust to hold in all the goodies, but it was good just the same.

My husband looked at it and said, "Looks like it needs sour cream." Do any of your's do that--want to add stuff before even tasting it? I'm not talking about salt (he does that, too); but other condiments. To me that means he thinks it's unpalatable without some help.

So the next one I make will be mexican-themed and he can put all the sour cream he wants on it!!!

For dessert, I made the flan that someone posted somewhere. It was good and very easy. I may broil some raw sugar to get creme brulee.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Joining the Sisterhood Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page