Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 New to the forum, but not to MaryJanesFarm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New to the forum, but not to MaryJanesFarm Next Topic  

Ardis Eckel
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Ardis
Harpster Idaho
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2004 :  11:34:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi, this is my first time on the Farm girl Connection, although I'm very familiar with MJF magazine since I read each one cover to cover. And am proud to even be included with a story Mary Jane asks for every now and then.
I was just reading through some of the messages, and some to do with taking care of your skin as a country girl. I'm a country girl, too, raised on a North Central Idaho farm, where I cooked my Scottish-Irish skin every summer and had no idea what sun block was and never had the money to spend on skin care. Skin care was soap and water.
My skin was always very dry. And as a young mother, I tried to tan on purpose. More sun damage. As a mother of two girls in Horse 4-H, I spent 13 summers in the arena, no hat, no sun block. Yes, I did know what it was by then, but it burned and ran in my eyes and stung.
So at 48, with skin cancer on my nose and very bad sun damage across my cheeks and chin, I decided a laser resurfacing was a better alternative than what I saw my father and father-in-law do every three months and that was to go have skin cancers burned off individually.
The Laser resurfacing turned out a nightmare. I had fire-red skin for 11 months, then it went to white-pink burned color. I scarred along my jaw line. And all my skin was intensely hypersensitive to heat and sun light and touch. The pillow caused pain, driving in the car caused pain, smiling caused pain. AFter 18 months of trying what the surgeon gave me, then what I found at KMart, then on the Bon counter and to herbalists who compounded special remedies, I had spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on skincare that irritated, or clogged pores, or didn't moisturize. And none of it stopped the hypersensitivity. I was aware of the skin on my face every minute of every day.
Then I found Arbonne International skin care. I'm a beautician, too. For over 30 years. And I found the products at an International Hair, Nail and Esthetician show in LV 2 1/2 years ago. I knew immediately that the products were soundly based: formulated in Switzerland where the standards are high and they know their herbs. The products are then made in the US, and contain no mineral oil, no animal products/by-products, no animal testing - ever, no artificial dyes or fragrances, pH correct (not just pH balanced), Dermatologist tested, and hypoallergenic. Very important is that they are botanically based, and which the highest quality herbs and botanicals. (Not just a few botanicals thrown in.) I bought the Basics N/D set, and within one week, the itching and burning I had experienced for 18 months stopped. The hypersensitivity to sun went away. And my skin looked less like hamburger and more like skin every day. My children were thankful and amazed.
I immediately began offering the products to clients in my shop and then doing skin care classes. Long story short, I'm an Area Manager, have found a great company to work with on my own hours and a great skin care line. These products are awesome, as is the Arbonne opportunity. And I'm happy to answer any questions about either with anyone that asks. My Arbonne website is :www.ardiseckel.myarbonne.com. But if you email me from that site, please use Arbonne as the subject line.
That's all. Got a little long-winded. But it's hard for me not to tell the whole story. These days, I wear all Arbonne, sunblock, skin care, cosmetics. What the products don't have in them is what makes them as great as what they do contain. So if you're looking for great skin care, I'd love to share with you about Arbonne.
In the meantime, I'm really excited about this forum. It's fun to read about people who care about their health and their world. Sincerely, Ardis Eckel

Every Woman Has a Story Writer and Arbonne IntL, Area Manager, Ind. Skin Care Cons. Ardis Eckel

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2004 :  12:10:47 PM  Show Profile
Ardis, what a wonderful story, that finally has a happy ending... You should feature yourself in the magazine next! I tried to access your website, and can get to your home page, but when I tried to view the products under "shop online", I'm not authorized. Is there another option?

I hope you have time to participate in our forum here. I'm sure you'd have lots of good ideas to share too!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Ardis Eckel
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Ardis
Harpster Idaho
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2004 :  12:48:14 PM  Show Profile
Clare, thanks for you interest and your kind words. I'm not sure what happened, a computer glitch I think. If you'll try again, this is what should work. And I'd like to know if it doesn't!
If you click on the www.ardiseckel.myarbonne.com line in this message or the original, it should take you to my Arbonne home page. Click on Shop Online. That should take you to catalog home page with my headings still across the top of page.
From there, you can either browse by clicking on pictures of product groups, then looking through those, or click on "Quick Shop" at side of catalog home page. That will give you a list and you can click on individual items for more info. If you choose to purchase, you can fill in item number boxes with the number of each item you want, then click on Add to Order by the last item you've choosen.
That will take you to a Login page. If you have a client number you fill in that box. If you don't, you click on Register As A Client, and that take you to a page where you will fill out name and shipping info. Once that's done, you'll be returned to the catalog check out cart. You'll see what you've chosen, the costs, and any special bonuses you qualify for. At this point, you can change your order in any way. When you're ready, you'll see complete purchase at bottom on page and that will take you on through checkout. That's all. Very simple. And all Arbonne products have a 45 day satisfaction guarantee from the day of order. They take about 4-6 working days to receive. And I'm happy to answer any questions or make suggestions about what products a person might want to try for a particular skin type. That's all. Ardis

Every Woman Has a Story Writer and Arbonne IntL, Area Manager, Ind. Skin Care Cons. Ardis Eckel
Go to Top of Page

taylor
honeybee

40 Posts

40 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2004 :  1:28:54 PM  Show Profile
HI Ardis! Nice to see you've joined the chat!

-Taylor
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New to the forum, but not to MaryJanesFarm Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page