Page: of 2

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13634 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13634 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  08:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Liz,
Be sure you wear your CJs Creations apron to your Farmers Market!!!! I'll be selling them again at our Market this year. We have our 2011 Vendors meeting this coming Saturday. Market usually opens the first Saturday in June. We sell through September. A few other vendors sell through October. It's always a fun time . . even with getting up at "O-dark-30" to go set up!!!
It's getting to be that time!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Mar 30 2011 7:45:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

momdrinkstea
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Elizabeth
Ozark AL
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  09:12:15 AM  Show Profile
You can betcha I'll be wearing it!
I still have your cards to pass out there too.
Hope I can get you more orders for your adorable aprons! :)

Stacked Stone Farm
feel free to follow my blog: www.stackedstonefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  11:07:00 AM  Show Profile
I went to a HUGE farmer's market in LA and they had a food court in the middle with all kinds of yummy fresh foods. I had a crab meat taco salad (I know sounds odd, but very LA and VERY delicious!), I had a wonderful local fruit juice tea to drink with it, and wonderful local champeign grapes for dessert. I loved it! I would love to see a little food court in most farmers markets with fresh local foods as the center of attention. It makes it nice I think, cause I love having lazy days at the farmers market just going from booth to booth and chatting with all the locals, having the food court for midday sure would be nice! lol Where I live I can see things like Indian Tacos-made with local buffalo, and having fresh local veggies as toppings, and even maybe fresh local sourcream from a local dairy (which we have!) and such would probably be a huge hit. Same with other local favorites like Beirocks and the like, but just made from all local organic meats/products! I know most already do this here for the state fair, and our county fair. So to also do this for a farmers market I think would be a huge hit. But, so far I haven't seen such. However, I must give our farmers market credit (it's held by the local 4-H) they do have lots of local veggies, fruits, baked goods, jams/jellies, honey, hand crafted jewelry, etc. But, no food court! lol hahaha

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  12:51:44 PM  Show Profile
We have two local small farmers markets. The one has crafters and veggies and some plants by our local master gardners club. This one is a row of vendors along the street. Nothing more nothing less. Then the other is in the town square,it is bakers,crafters,plants and veggies. It is getting bigger and bigger.
We are then not far from two indoor ones. The one was really all commercial. I went once and was really not that impressed. The other is really nice. It is an old mill turned into a farmers market. It has a nice atmosphere. I heard it is really hard to get into and has a waiting list to join. Nit to mention it is in a county that has some strict health dept. rules.
We also go to local flea/swap meet like markets. It is a mix of everything. I think it is a buyer beware type siuation at those places.

Come visit my blog
http://angieruralliving.blogspot.com/

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

missusprim
True Blue Farmgirl

400 Posts

Karen
Fostoria Ohio
USA
400 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  8:19:29 PM  Show Profile
Our local market has a clipboard near their register person so people can fill in their email address. It's a wonderful way to keep customers updated. Good luck to you!

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms." George Eliot

http://onceinnabluemoon.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmers Markets Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page