Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 RAOK gifts received- please post here
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RAOK gifts received- please post here Next Topic
Page: of 49

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  2:08:25 PM  Show Profile
I recieved a RAOK gift yesterday. How sweet! I got two hand made dish cloths made in green, yellow and orange. How did she know I painted my kitchen tangerine a week or so ago? And Cadberry eggs, Yum, one of my favorite goodies! Thanks, Melanie(47601)!

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  07:41:50 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
hahahah I had no clue!! that's funny!

Thank you, Susan, for the lovely Easter card!

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/

Edited by - melanie47601 on Apr 03 2010 07:42:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  11:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I got a wonderful Easter surprise from Robin!! Aka OneCraftyBugger. Thank you sooo much deary!! I love it!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  8:16:59 PM  Show Profile
Wow - to cap off a really really long week I got home and found the coolest french-themed care package from Staci - thank you so much, I just love it!! What a fabulous way to end the week.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  10:40:31 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much, Levisgranny, Deborah, and Georgina for the lovely things and all of the Easter wishes.

However, ALL LADIES PLEASE READ!!! I would like to ask all of you to not send anything else, as I will not be able to live up to this swap right now. We have come upon some really hard times right now and I will not be able to send things like I was. I am so sorry for this, but I will hopefully be able to start doing some "extra" things soon. I thought I would be fair to all of you who have kind hearts, as I do not think it would be fair to recieve and not be able to give back. Thank you all for thinking of me. I have had a lot of fun doing this.

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  10:49:39 AM  Show Profile
Amy, I'm glad that you liked the package and I do hope that everything arrived in good condition. I've not mailed many items such a distance before and packing tips and suggestions are always welcome.

Angela - you are in my prayers and I want to assure you that I never "expect" something in return when I RAOK someone and I'm sure the rest of the gals feel the same way. So don't get upset if people ignore your request and bless you anyway.

Hang in there...

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Happiness is a full clothesline...

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  10:58:38 AM  Show Profile
Almost forgot - Ruby Junes - did your package arrive.. I sent a RAOK your way on the 25th of March.
Hope you got it.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Happiness is a full clothesline...

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  12:49:14 PM  Show Profile
Angela, Staci's right. I also feel it's so nice to be able to give without feeling the need to turn around and send something right back. It's all supposed to be random anyway. If you can you can and when you can't please don't feel bad. I am at a standstill at the moment too. Really tight here. So it will be awhile til I am able to send out some more. I love doing this. And I hope you have a great day and things start looking up for you real soon.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  3:28:46 PM  Show Profile
dear angela
please don't feel that way the RAOK is exact that a random act of kindness that does not need repayment as far as i'm concerned and i pray things will get better for you very soon
i know alot of us feel that way..
have a blessed day deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  3:38:48 PM  Show Profile
** Attention Fellow Farmgirls ***

As far as I am aware, RAOK means Random Acts of Kindness, This is not a swap This is a way for us to "surprise" a fellow farmgirl. The intention is to do something special for someone because we want to. . . the list is for us to share our information with one another and to continue to add others.

If I am wrong on this, will someone please let me know. This is how the RAOK was conducted previously.

Hugs to all you wonderful Farmgal's!! You are all so very dear to me and just receiving emails from you is a RAOK to me!!!

Joanna #566
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
www.CountryCents.com
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  3:56:22 PM  Show Profile
I am aware how RAOK works. But to not be able to participate to the giving part, no matter how big or small it is, makes me feel bad for all of you lovely ladies that do so much for others. But please know I do think about you ladies often.

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  4:35:13 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Joanna, you are right in your understanding of the RAOK. :)

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  4:44:51 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Angela~ I do understand how you feel, but giving is more than sending "things". You give so much to all of us with your kind words, your frinedship. I wish you weren't feeling pressured. The RAOK really shouldn't make anyone feel like this. :(

Sending you hugs and prayers that everything gets better soon.

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  5:07:48 PM  Show Profile
I definitely understand the RAOK to not be a swap and there is no pressure to reciprocate "in kind" , but I do understand that sometimes even buying stamps is out of the question, I have had some lean weeks recently, my husband is just now returned to work after being off since September, and there were weeks where even postage was out of the question. That said - I want to thank Deb for a lovely care package I received today, what a nice way to start the week:) I am also excited because I can afford to mail some things again so I can send some stuff out.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  7:51:45 PM  Show Profile
DianaW, thank you for the seeds, I am always planting spinach. I love it. I got this last week and never got around to thanking you. Sorry. I am slow sometimes.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  7:56:03 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Denise thank you for the nice Easter card!

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  11:09:31 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Yes ladies! This is suppose to be fun and enjoyable! Not a burdon. Angela, just knowing that you are here with us is quite enough for me! We all love you so much! So sit back and let us spoil you!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  1:58:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Melanie 47601, for the beautiful vintage postcard for Easter.

HUGS~~~Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  2:00:11 PM  Show Profile
Diane, Thank you for the Lavendor Soap, my favorite scent. And a book by Debbie McComber, I will be taking that to the hospital. Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  7:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Denise,
Thank you for your thoughtful Easter Card!!! Appreciate it!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:39:35 AM  Show Profile
Denise,
Thank you so much for the Easter Card! It met so much to me. Still have a hard time thinking of my parents. They always did nice thourght ful things like all you ladies. Lost them year ago a week apart. So thats why it met so much to me.
God Bless you Denise and thank you so much again. It touch my heart so.
Love Deb

Worry ends Where Faith in God begins.
Go to Top of Page

vintage saver
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

oleta
wheelersburg ohio
USA
323 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  3:38:55 PM  Show Profile
I received an ROAK package while Floyd was in the hospital. It was from Amy and was the most beautiful apron, etc. I was so surprised and heartened. It cheered me up, just like all your prayers and well wishes. I love you all and I hope I can be a comfort to someone else like you all do. What examples! You should be proud of yourselves. I have a digital camera, but not too good at posting pictures yet. I'll grab the next computer savvy "victim" that stops by.
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  4:04:32 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I do not want to drop out of this, but I want to be fair. I will continue to send as I can, but it probably will not be fopr maybe a couple of months. I may be able to get a couple of notes in the mail:)

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Go to Top of Page

sewsweet
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Carol

Canada
172 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  5:24:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda! Received the Easter card you sent, thanks so much for thinking of me! Hope you had a good Easter, mine was pretty nice.

Take care,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #1191
Go to Top of Page

theprimitivepilgrim
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Michelle
Baggs Wyoming
USA
217 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  6:01:01 PM  Show Profile
Thank so much to CJ for the wonderful ROAK I received today~ We had a rough night last night as a terrible blizzard came through, and we lost three calves due to the storm. Your package was so sweet, and gave me hope that Spring might not be too far off! Thank you for all the love and sunshine you packed in there, it was such a blessing today~

~Michelle
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 49 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RAOK gifts received- please post here Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page