Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Spring is on the way! Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  4:56:33 PM  Show Profile
I do believe spring in SW Louisiana will be here soon! I cannot wait! The sap is dripping slowly in our River Birch trees, and the lake ducks are having a lot of fun. LOL. Today the temperature was in the mid 60s, tomorrow we are expecting to get in the high 60s. Hurry Spring!!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  9:02:52 PM  Show Profile
I can only hope. I have to admit that a few days in the 50's (which we've had here) has done wonders for melting the snow! I am anxious!!!!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  11:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Spring is on its way here too!! I am so excited! Tomorrow we are going to start on our garden!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  08:19:24 AM  Show Profile
Spring is almost here in Wisconsin, too! The birds are singing, the snow is melting, and the days are getting warmer. I can't wait for warm weather.
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  10:11:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I think spring is here too! The ice pack on the river has broken and the only ice left is on the side rivers but it's kindof scary because that part hasn't broken the top yet but the river is flowing under it- so it's more like an icy arch over the river. But I did see gree grass growing along side the road and my strawberries are growing!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  10:23:56 AM  Show Profile
I have Crocuses, and my catmint is starting to put out leaves!!!!! SPRING!!!! It has been such a dismal winter and am looking forward to the sweetness of the season =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  3:48:23 PM  Show Profile
We have had the most beautiful 2 days here. It's been so nice. I have worked outside in short sleeves!! And sweated a little even. I worked on my raised beds yesterday. I should take better care of them. The weeds are bad. Then today me and Kansas picked up sticks and branches out of the front chicken-goat year. ANd I finished piling up all the unburnt wood from the humongous brush pile I burned a few months back. It's becoming a real eyesore for me. It looks 100% better. When the new pile is burned I am going to start shovelin up the ash and put it on the gardens.

So I have a nice weekend. Hope everyone else has.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  3:58:23 PM  Show Profile
I am visiting in sc and saw daffodils blooming today a definite sign of spring.

Happiness is having
farmgirl friends.
Go to Top of Page

Twinsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Debbie
Wyoming
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  4:07:26 PM  Show Profile
I am so happy to finally see spring on its way! It was very nice here this weekend. We all were outside enjoying the sunshine, but we still have snowbanks.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  08:42:00 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Yesterday it was cold and rainy but today it is sunny,warm, and it feels like spring!! I just love it!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  09:52:01 AM  Show Profile
I was working outside picking up all the branches and sticks in the yard and garden areas and I am sunburned! Had to come in. It's warm out there! YeeHaw!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  4:43:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
The snow crocus and the daffs or blooming in my yard. We had temps in the 6o's today (61) the first time this year it was that high. Love it. But I love every season. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  9:11:14 PM  Show Profile
We had rain yesterday, and more rain today. I refuse to give up on Spring. I see too many signs; the leaves on our oak trees are shedding, the lake ducks are a little too happy, my red maple tree has sprouts, and the river birch trees are dropping big drops of sap.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  04:46:02 AM  Show Profile
We've had rain/fog the last few days, but it's been warmer! I'm not going to let spring slip away from us.
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  8:20:16 PM  Show Profile
Our oak trees are dropping their leaves, and a few of the trees are already getting their new leaves. We have a red maple tree that is budding. And, the sap is dripping from the river birch trees.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Spring is on the way! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page