Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Does Anyone Know Anything About Candida Yeast
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Does Anyone Know Anything About Candida Yeast Next Topic  

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  12:09:39 PM  Show Profile
I was wondering does anyone know anything about this? There is a lady whom I know that says she has this and it is a nightmare to get rid of.

She says it causes all kinds of weird symptoms and that she feels fatigued almost constantly.

Also prescription antifungals are not keeping it cleared up either.

Does anyone have any special tips that they can give me that might help her?

Smiles...

Love like there is no tomorrow!!!

"Country Girl at Heart"...

Edited by - wildflower17 on Mar 04 2010 1:28:32 PM

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  8:08:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judy,
I have had systmeic yeast, and I also had yeast get into my system when my intestines were nicked during surgery. ( That was very bad.)
Yeast grows on sugar, so it is important to avoid sugars of all sorts. Even fruits should be taken in moderation or avoided. No alcohol, simple carbs, or prcessed foods. I was put on the " caveman diet" which was mainly protien and veggies with some complex carbs. Breads are to be avoided, too. Some say to avoid vinegar but I think raw cider vinegar helps fight yeast.
Probiotics help balance the body's ph and flora to make it harder for yeast to grow out of balance. These are found in yogurt as most people are aware. Also kefir, kim chi, and my favorite, raw sauerkraut, like you make yourself. It is expensive to buy otherwise. You can also buy probiotics, and they made kinds for people who are " really out of whack" like I was after the bowel being nicked incdient,where I was put on enough antibiotics and anti fungals to destory anyone's flora and was recovering for a year and a half.
Enzymatic Therapy makes a whole body cleanse that is not too expensvie. It can help clear up yeast after some diet changes and a round of Yeast Cleanse by Solaray ( hope I spelled that right) Yeast Cleanse, I think it is called, is really, really good at killing yeast. However, the yeast release toxins when they die, and that can make the person feel bad. The person can also crave sugar when the yeast are being ridded, but it is important to avoid it. Doing a yeast cleanse may not feel good at the time- it probably will feel bad as the body detoxes from the yeast and the yeast- caused imbalances. It is worth doing, though. During the cleanse, drink lots of water and be sure to eat a lot of dark leafy greens. Unsweetened cranberry juice is also good for correcting body ph and ridding yeast.
It can take a long time to rid the body of yeast.
I hope this will help your friend.
~ Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  8:33:00 PM  Show Profile

Mary,

Thank you so so much for your information...this sounds like a nightmare to fight off. So if you have to avoid sugars and breads what did you drink or snack on? Once again thank you for your reply...I was beginning to think that no one knew any thing about this...

So did you get rid of it in your body or are you still having to do the cleanse?

If you have any further information you can post it here or email me...

Smiles...

Judy

Love as if there is no tomorrow!!!

Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  2:30:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judy,
I'm pretty sure I got rid of the chronic yeast, and any yeast I have now, is totally in check - just normal amounts. Chronic yeast can feel like chronic fatigue, IBS, even depression, as it causes those types of symptoms.
I do not have a sweet tooth, and I am a big water drinker. So I tend to go with water and plain herbal teas. Some dairy products can worsen yeast- they break down to sugar easily, and or contain/ attract yeast due to being aged. So go with live culture dairy, and raw milk when possible as it is a whole food.
I'm sure I ate some bread- it's so hard to avoid all the time. Bread type products, if they are white, break down quickly to become sugar, and bead contains yeast I remember now, I tried to eat pure sourdough bread when possible . I would say, go with whole grain tortillas in moderation, and any kind of whole grain rice cake/ popcorn cake, etc without sugar. I snacked on nuts and seeds, veggies, leftovers, tuna ( before all the mercury issues), yogurt, and homemade popcorn. Popcorn acts like a scrub brush on the intestines. I made a lot of soups and stews that I could reheat, including veggie soups like lentil and split pea. That made it easier on my body to do the caveman diet vs eating a ton of meat. I ate an apple or some blueberries from time to time but stayed away from very sweet fruits like summer fruit in season.
There are books out there with entire diets related to Candida. They often say to avoid leftovers because they may contain yeast, but that's impossible for me.
I hope this info will be helpful.
Mary LD

Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  8:44:44 PM  Show Profile

Mary,

Thank you for more information. As I have been reading about this type of yeast, apparently it can wreak havoc on the body. So were you able to eat vegetable beef soup with small amouts of beef? You mentioned sour dough bread...we do not have any health food stores around here so did you ever make your own? Another thing is...did you take any kind of vitamins or just the things that you mentioned on your post. I really appreciate your help as I can pass it along to my friend...

Smiles...

Judy

Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  6:21:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judy,
I could and did eat beef, and I probably made a bunch of soups with whole grain barley added. I ate brown rice, quinoa, and millet too, adapting my carb intake to whatever my symptoms were- high symtoms, low carbs, etc. It was a nightmare for me as I am also hypoglycemic and on the time that I was nicked in surgery, my weight dropped to 89 lb.
I bought French Meadow sourdough rye breads, I'm pretty sure. I love that bread, and it is not cheap! So I did not eat a ton of it. I did make whole grain sourdough waffles later- wish I could find the recipe now!
I took a multi vitamin and calcium/ magnesium. I can't remember what else I took. Supplements not based on yeast should be fine.
Glad to be of help-
Mary LD

Go to Top of Page

simplecomfort
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

Tawnya
Rural Orrick Mo
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  6:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Send simplecomfort an AOL message
I have had chronic yeast infections since i was a little girl.. my mom has them, my aunt.. so i think im more prone.. anyway, pop is a big nono of course.. even sugarfree.. also the only other thing i was told long ago.. and it may seem wierd, but put your underwear in the microwave for a min.. washing does not get the bacteria out but heating them like that will..

"Thank God I'm a country girl"
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  05:21:28 AM  Show Profile

Hey girls!

Thanks for more information! What a nightmare it must be to have this type of thing...

Smiles...

Judy

Love as if there is no tomorrow!!!

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Does Anyone Know Anything About Candida Yeast Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page