Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 coffee/tea cup swap buddies listed.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic coffee/tea cup swap buddies listed. Next Topic
Page: of 5

stefffic
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Stephanie
Cherryville NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  12:31:56 PM  Show Profile
This is Kathy's daughter (I think kathyc over here...). I got her mug in the mail today from Farmgirl "Kluckingbear" and it is SO great! I had no idea mom told her to send it to me, so I was doubly surprised to get it in the mail.

I got a beautiful "Norcrest" cup and saucer in a silver and gray pattern. It's beautiful, vintage, and I LOVE it! Love it, Love it, Love it! Also got some wonderful non-chocolate goodies - Bit of Honeys which are hard to find, but some of my favorites, some Madeline's Petite French Cakes, Honey straws, Biscotti, and Altoids. And, a really cute little Tea Towel.

And, in the spirit of complete honesty... My mother made her partner some wonderful dark chocolate and toasted coconut chocolates that I can *not* resist, despite the fact that chocolate causes me extreme migraines and has landed me in the ER several times. Mom watches over me pretty well threatens to beat me when I get weak and want to eat chocolate. I am very good to resist chocolate except her homemade coconut and dark chocolate candy.

So, mom made a nice little batch for her swap partner and tucked them away in her freezer. Well... I found them and thought they were just 'regular' candy and free to eat. And, I got up in the middle of the night and ate most of them when there were no witness and if I *did* get a migraine I would still get sympathy, care, and could blame it one something else. :D My dear, kind mother mentioned a few days later that dad must have eaten her swap partners candy since most of it was gone. ;) I hope you enjoyed the candy she sent you, 'cause her dark chocolate candy she makes is the thing I miss most since I quit eating chocolate!

Thanks!

"A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself."
"One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries." A A Milne

Edited by - stefffic on Apr 16 2010 2:51:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  1:35:38 PM  Show Profile
Diana,
Have you gotten your mug yet? I sent it out on April 15.
Please let me know.
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  4:04:05 PM  Show Profile
Just got back from the mailbox and found the most beautiful mug and dish rag and kitchen towel and a very nice smelling candle. So I turned on the tea kettle and had a wonderful cup if Tea. Lit the candle and wiped up my spill mess and now I am having a very happy time.

LOVE it

Thank you so much.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

Edited by - gramadinah on Apr 21 2010 4:15:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  07:38:53 AM  Show Profile
Diana,
I'm glad you liked it. This was fun, Thanks for organizing it!
Liz
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic coffee/tea cup swap buddies listed. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page