KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  3:36:20 PM  Show Profile
We went to visit with my oldest stepson over the weekend and all of his mommy doggies had babies. He started gathering them up to see how many of each he had out of each litter and to start worming them. We got up to leave on Sunday and he gave me one of his baby girls - a beautiful, blue-eyed, 6-week-old Siberian Husky. I love these dogs and used to raise them and gave him his very first one about 9 years ago. We haven't had one in forever because we just haven't had the proper facitilies because we weren't allowed to have a fence high enough to keep one in the yard. This time, DH has said that I could house train her (which I've never done before, but we've started with a crate). Our other 2 fur babies - a male mutt and a female boxer - are okay with her as long as she doesn't try to nurse on them. Jake really hates it. Our only problem - we haven't picked out her name yet. Hopefully this will be done this evening.

I am so excited!!!!

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  3:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is so cool Kay!! I love Siberian Hiskys!!! I am so happy for you! let me know when you get a name for her! Can you show pictures?
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  5:09:10 PM  Show Profile
Kay, Congratulations. I had one many moons ago. You are right about the fence. I am glad you knew that about the breed before you got her. Mine was named Myki. We had puppies with her and I kept a male and named him, Canyon. I always liked odd names.
Give her a hug from Auntie Gena.

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

farm~maid
True Blue Farmgirl

176 Posts

Christine
IN
USA
176 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  03:11:04 AM  Show Profile
What a generous gift. Yes, let us know what you name her.
How's she settling into her new home?
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  10:09:40 AM  Show Profile
Her name is Sierra and she's doing okay. Only one puddle so far out in the laundry room. Doesn't like being crated during the day, cries like crazy. But we don't want her outside on her own until we're sure all possible routes of escape are found and thwarted. She does hate bathing. The other fur babies could hear her "screaming" (it actually sounded like she was saying, "Don't, don't") and gave me dirty looks when I brought her back out. She got upstairs but then couldn't figure out how to get down. When she gets too playful or noisy, the other two get away from her and sit there like "don't know her - what's her problem". It's really funny.

I'm going to try to post pictures on here, but I'm not really sure how, so we'll see.

First, I was told about the new granddaughter who is joining us in July and then I get Sierra. I am so loving life right now.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  12:53:02 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on the new grandbaby first. How neat. And then on the new puppy. They are beautiful dogs. I'm sure she will be a spoiled doggie real fast!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Farm Diva
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Beth
Asheville NC
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  1:51:04 PM  Show Profile
Just a thought about the crate: she may see it as a "time out" space, not a place of comfort and safety. Try feeding her in there. I crate train all my dogs and feed them there.

Do something you love!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  2:51:47 PM  Show Profile
That is so cool Kay! Siberian Huskies are beautiful dogs, and I wish you luck with all of your training efforts!
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  3:14:43 PM  Show Profile
We have a Siberian, Saylor. She is four, and crate trained nicely. No one told us how much they like to run, and she has been a challenge that way, but she is the sweetest dog we have ever had. Good luck with yours, Carol

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  7:06:35 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on your new puppy! I think Siberians are so pretty, with their blue eyes. And so soft and cuddly! Life IS good when puppies and grandchildren are involved.
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic New baby girl Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page