CascadeFootHillsFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

133 Posts

Stephanie
Granite Falls Wa.
USA
133 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  1:22:13 PM  Show Profile
I have pampered my "Mother" for the week and tomorrow I am going to bake my first loaf of bread.
I have an issue I can't seem to wrap my head around.

My 3 yr old daughter is a diabetic. I need to know the nutrition info, actually the carbs and serving size for everything that we feed her. She only weighs 30 lbs. every carb counts. I know how much flour I have put into the mother. Flour and water only, that is easy. Do you know if the 2 cups you take out to make your bread equals just the flour from the carbs once it's done it's thing for the week? Does it gain any carbs once it becomes active? Any idea how much flour I should count that 2 cups as?
Then I will count for whatever I add in: honey, raisons, nuts or another kind of grain. Get a number and divide that by how many servings I get out of a loaf.
If it is that simple and I hope it is, that would be great.

This is a problem with everything I bake from scratch.
Even making the corn bread with the Budget Mix was a task. On my package is says 58 grams carbs for 3 biscuits, but I wasn't making biscuits. I didn't use 1 1/2 cups of Budget Mix, I used 1 cup per the corn bread recipe I got on here. Plus, if you make it with milk and not water that would bump the carbs way up.
I get flustered just writing this out!

It's just a challenge and I am working through it daily. I want to use the products and recipes but I need help.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Stephanie

"A cabin with plenty of food is better than a hungry castle." Irish Quote

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  6:33:49 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie,
I do not know if the carbs change when making this starter but there is nutritional calculator here http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp to help you with other things you make from scratch.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Nutrition information needed Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page