Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Question about cloth diapers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Question about cloth diapers Next Topic  

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  12:26:21 PM  Show Profile
Okay this may seem stupid but what do you do with the poo? You can't just throw it in the wash can you?

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.eggsandherbs.com

Tanna
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Tanna
Fort Worth TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  12:39:18 PM  Show Profile
Not a stupid question at all. In the beginning if you're breastfeeding ( I can't speak for bottle feeding but it may be the same) the poo isn't anything that can't be put in the wash because it is so thin. When it starts to solidify I would just throw it in the toilet. You can also get a sprayer that attaches to the toilet so you can rinse the diaper that way into the toilet.

Tanna
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  4:58:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks!!!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.eggsandherbs.com
Go to Top of Page

Anastasia
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Anastasia
Telkwa BC
Canada
56 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  8:25:38 PM  Show Profile
The easiest way is to use diaper liners. They are made from recycled paper, are relatively soft, and when you take off the diaper, you just drop the whole poo-filled liner into the toilet and flush! Yes, they are flushable, even on a septic system. Mother-Ease makes some, so does Kushies and a few other brands. They are wonderful and keep your hands out of the toilet!

Cheers,
Anastasia :)

"Speciality is for insects." -Robert Heinlen
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  05:49:13 AM  Show Profile
We use the sprayer, Julie :) It's easy and in all honesty, after the first few go rounds, poo just doesn't bother anymore!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  07:34:20 AM  Show Profile
I have heard from a few people that Bounty paper towels make great diaper liners, I wouldn't flush them though.

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  08:50:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I had some reusuable liners that wouldn't let the poo stick to it so I just shook it over the toilet and flushed then the rest got ran through the wash. The only thing I would say is make sure you don't pack your washer and maybe run them on a slightly larger load than you would for the same weight of say t-shirts. Just to have that extra swishing motion and extra water running through the cloth.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltin mama
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Heather
Crescent City CA
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  1:17:31 PM  Show Profile
BUY THE TOILET SPRAYER!!!! :) It will be useful through all stages of cloth diapering!
Before that I just sort of folded them inside out and swirled them around in the toilet to knock everything off.

my blog www.mountainhomequilts.blogspot.com
handmade quilts on etsy www.mountainhomequilts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  7:35:02 PM  Show Profile
I talked to the girl down the street and she rinses in the toilet and rubs it a bit clean and throws it in the cloth diaper bin.

I am looking into gdiapers.com they are these really cool diapers, you can buy cloth inserts and disposable inserts. And its about 300 dollars for all the diapers that you would need for the baby until they are potty trained. When I get the all clear at the twelve week mark at the next pregnancy, I am going to buy them.

See my custom costumes, download free patterns, and hear some spook EVPs from Gettysburg, PA on my site, www.alterationsbyemily.com
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Question about cloth diapers Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page