Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Pay back...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Pay back... Next Topic  

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  11:02:33 AM  Show Profile
I've written and worded how I feel about MJF numerous times. Of all the times someone has reached out to me in my time of need. Or of all the times I was sent unexpected compassion and generousity. Now it's my turn to pay back.
I've not yet experienced illness of someone close to me. My age. With children until now. My childhood girlfriend is very sick. She was diagnosed with a rare form of Tumefactive Multiple Sclerosis 10 years ago. She's already had 3 tumors removed from her brain. There are 2 more and another 2 were found recently. She has qualified for a stem cell transplant~this summer so for now, docters are hoping to slow the tumors down with chemotherapy.
This is a girl I shared secrets with. That drooled over big 80's hair bands with me. That followed the same local band that I did, except she got to date the lead guitarist ;). I have been devastated at the news, at the possibility I may be.....I can't go there.
So payback. I have several business venues that I've started. I know we are all hurting financially but my friends bills trump my little worries any day.
Until the time comes to stop I will be donating 50cents of every seed sale off my website to her medical/non-medical needs. I will also be donating 10% of every farm sale. Its not much, but when you get a phone call with a weakened voice at the other end cracking as she tells you its time to let people know about her illness and its time to rally the troops because this surgery is gonna be a financial whopper, you drop everything to just DO.
Seed season is underway, please tell your friends. I do custom baking as well. My site is completely up to date.
I recently started my etsy shop again. While no seeds (except Okra) are on etsy, I do have other things.
Thank you for reading. Thank you for telling others. Mostly, thank you from the bottom of my heart for bringing ME up when I was down.

www.harvestthymefarm.etsy.com

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
http://www.harvestthymefarm.vpweb.com
www.onefunkyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
~If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!~

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  11:55:05 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Dawn, I am so sorry to hear this about your friend! I will be praying so hard for her!! I would love to help your friend out! We have tons of seeds but I would love to send some money to help with the costs!! Maybe I can sell more dish rags and donate you the money I get from them!! I would really like to do that!!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  1:13:36 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Love ya.. You know that... headed to your etsy!

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  6:39:33 PM  Show Profile
Dawn, I'm sending my prayers for your friend. I know that God will do you right in the end.
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  7:17:17 PM  Show Profile
Dawn:
My prayers will be said for your friend.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Chives
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Victoria
Shelton Washington
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  8:01:25 PM  Show Profile
Dawn you and friend will be in my prayers. Vicki
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  05:27:35 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, you and your friend will be in my prayers. Thats a very thoughtful and kind thing you are doing. I know what it is like to have a friend you love so much.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  05:40:12 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, What a true friend you are. I will pray for you and your friend. I am heading to your website now!
Gena

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  05:48:53 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, she will be in my prayers also. And what a great friend you are to be doing this for her. I will head over there right now to see what ya got.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  06:13:58 AM  Show Profile
Dawn my prayers are coming for your friend. I'm so sorry that you are experiancing this with a special friend. It has got to be very hard. It sounds like you are a blessing for her and you are a wonderful person. I admire you for doing all you can do for her. I will go to your site immendiately! The Lord is with you both and all will work out in his will. Keep us up on how she is doing and we are here for you also.

Blessings, Brenda
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  06:14:51 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, I sent you an e-mail.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  09:32:18 AM  Show Profile
thanks everyone. I just got off the phone with her and she was telling me how her son is too young to know the specifics, but old enough to know something is wrong. He's resorted to calling her Momma again and goes into crying jags about how he doesn't want her to die. I cant' get over how weak she sounded on teh phone. My heart is breaking for her. The rarity of her disease is that 3% of the MS population will develope TMS. There are NO doctors in the USA that have ANY experience in TMS. The masses on her brain are causing loss of sensation, and seizures. She's too young. Hell, at 99 she'd be too young.... I'm really scared for her. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Facebookers, you can access Etsy thru my profile.
All my info is listed on my website.

Thank you soooo much!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
http://www.harvestthymefarm.vpweb.com
www.onefunkyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
~If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!~
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  8:03:00 PM  Show Profile
dawn i feel your pain
my prayers and hope for a miracle for your friend

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  9:15:43 PM  Show Profile
Ya know Dawn, I've come to realize MJF isn't just for those of us wanting to learn more, or do more, or just simplify our lives more, it's to share our good times, our memories and to just be there for each other, that's what we do best it seems to me!! My love goes out to you, and my prayers are with both of you gals at this time. Stay strong for your childhood friend, she will remember that always, and so will you.

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2010 :  11:07:16 AM  Show Profile
I know that pain and feeling you are dealing with. You and your friend are in my prayers.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  09:17:49 AM  Show Profile
You are in my thoughts and prayers, Dawn. Both you and your friend.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan

Deeperrootsfarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  11:29:17 AM  Show Profile
Dawn if I had any money to spend I would spend it with you!! You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Pay back... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page