Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Jane Goodall Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  9:07:34 PM  Show Profile
I just finished listening to "Harvest for Hope" by Jane Goodall, and all I can say is, wow. I was already aware of some of the topics in her book, but having it presented by someone so renowned has bolstered my own commitment to live according to my convictions. If you haven't read this book yet, or listened to it on CD (I got it for less than four dollars at Borders), please take the time to hear what she has to say about the world's food supply, factory farming, water rights, the organic food movement, etc. This isn't some far left activist trying to push her agenda on everyone else, this is a world renowned scientist warning us that we must change our ways before it's too late. Jane Goodall has always been one of my most admired women, and with good reason. I used to think that I was alone in some of my views, but having them shared by Ms. Goodall has given me renewed hope.
Cindy

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2010 :  7:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like a really cool book!! I've heard of her but never read any of her books.
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

vegetarian farmer
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Jane
Freedom pa
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  07:04:09 AM  Show Profile
I have read several of her books and loved them also (she is a fellow vegetarian). Her insight into the natural world should be heard by everyone. A funny side note, in one of her books she writes what she eats in a day. She eats almost NOTHING. She has 1/2 a piece of toast and the other half for lunch. I think I ate more than that writing this post.

http://hardworkhomestead.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  06:05:33 AM  Show Profile
I bought this at the thrift store for 25 cents a few months back. It's on my list of "to reads" but it's behind a pretty big onslaught of books.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  7:39:42 PM  Show Profile
I read this a couple of years ago and loved it - I did enjoy reading what she eats typically. I do admire Jane Goodall!
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Jane Goodall Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page