kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  2:48:41 PM  Show Profile
Today I went to Mrs. T's just to see what went on in the neighborhood when school's out. So I rode down the road the little house is facing and there were about 8 kids in the front yard of the house across the street. The biggest boy had a BB gun. So I drove on down to the end of the road and turned around. I was going to stop at my DD's boyfriend's house to say hi and noticed the kids in the road then. So I watched and sure enough, they went over to the little house. I drove as fast as I could, slammed on the brakes, jumped out of the car and hollered at them, "Where do you think you're going?" The guy with the BB gun said they were just going over there to shoot birds. Well, that was the wrong thing to say. I jumped all over those kids. BB gun boy said he didn't even live here. And several others said the same thing. There were a few little boys said they lived in the apts. I told them never to set foot on that property, it was private property and to not tresspass again. I think I scared the crap out of them. I sure hope I did anyway. Never saw an adult the whole time, either.

Tomorrow I will go get a few private property and no tresspassing sings and put in the driveway. And make sure they know they will be watched from now on. I stayed several hours and never saw any sign of them. So I hope that worked. I just can't imagine them going over there with a BB gun while Mrs. T is home to shoot her birds. She'd just have a heart attack.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  3:18:23 PM  Show Profile
Good for you. Sometimes the parents are the problem they just keep ignoring their children so the kids will do almost anything and get away with it, I saw a neighbor boy push another neighbor boy off of his bike so I grabbed Eric an went over to talk to his dad, I said to the dad I was thinking of calling the police he said OK it wouldn't bother him, So I took Eric home with me and had him help me move some rocks while we talked. Eric is always well behaved around me now. But he has a big drug problem. No surprise to me.

I almost ran some kids down when they threw a big peice of cardboarding and shingles at my car. They were surprised when I stopped and knocked and walked into their big farm house. I think Gramma was cooking soup or something and just kept stirring the soup when I explained I could of killed the kids when I couldn't see because of the junk they threw on my windsheild, she said to the kids go outside and play they did then she said I can't do anything they never listen. I said she should of started by making them peel the veggies for the soup instead of ignoring them. When I went to leave the kids just stood there and smiled. I said I hope you never get killed because you don't know any better. I'm still mad and that happened over 20 years ago.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  3:20:15 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Good for you Kristin!! Shooting birds indeed.. Some kids! You did the right thing!!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  4:47:21 PM  Show Profile
I am not a comfrontation type at all. I think I would have a heart attack if I worked up the nerve to do that. Kids now a days dont respect authority and are def. not affraid of it either.

Some kids were being really loud and ugly right after school and my ex had picked up the kids. One was vulger directly at him while he was turning the corner. So he pulled over infront of them and told them he was PD (no he isnt) and said that he'll follow him just down the road to the PDO. The kid laughted at him and said he would claim that he almost ran his car into them and bla bla bla.

Anyway. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!! We should all stand up for what is right and stop letting bad actions continue.

~Kayce~

Check out PenPals for FarmKids http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38599
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  5:31:54 PM  Show Profile
I hope that will be the end of it Kris.
Mrs T is lucky to have you looking after her and her property

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  5:45:36 PM  Show Profile
Kristin, you are such a blessing to Mrs T. I hope that's the last you see of those 'varmits'!

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  5:49:46 PM  Show Profile
I hope so, too. I hope I scared them enough to not go back over there. They have a huge yard toplay in. But Mrs. T's yard is beautiful. Full of neat paths and fish ponds. Lots of trees and huge azaleas and boxwoods. Like an enchanted forest. I can see why they would want to play over there.

Diane, that was a scary thing to have happen. I sure hope they changed their ways by now.

Kayce, these kids were very respectful to me today. Thank goodness. I'm still going to go after school a few times this week.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  6:20:09 PM  Show Profile
You know I have a very unpopular opinion of why kid today are the way they are. I think it is because so many Mom's have no choice but to go out to work. The kids are growing up with no one to teach them what is acceptable and what is not. We lived over seas for several years in a country where they Mom's only worked if they wanted to. The kids were polite and had manners are had respect for others. I nearly ran over a little boy today when his friend threw a ball in front of my truck and he ran out in front of me after the ball. The boy that threw the ball was looking right at me when the threw it, like I dare you to not stop. There were at least 10 little boys and not one adult in sight. I blame the parents not so much the kids. Kids have to be taught and if parents are to busy who is suppose to teach them. I know some Mom's have no choice but I blame the government for that. We get tax credits for day care but where are the tax credits for the Mom's that stay home and care for their own kids. We get help to pay for someone else to do what we could be doing for ourselves and our kids would get more personal teaching. Just my opinion.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  7:03:25 PM  Show Profile
WAY TO GO KRIS!!!

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  8:42:42 PM  Show Profile
You go girl, you go!!!! You rock!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  05:32:05 AM  Show Profile
Well, now I am feeling a little bad. I just read in Titus chapter 3. Boy, what a slap in the face! I sure wish I could think some before I act. But it was such a spur of the moment kinda thing. So I hadn't "prepared" anything to say. I was not really expecting to see anyone actually in the yard. I always blow it. But really, I don't think I was too awful hard on those kids. I didn't scream and holler at them. Just stated the facts and told them to stay out.

But I do agree with Beth. It's really hard on a lot of the parents because they have to work. But not for the kids who are left alone to fend for themselves. And some are just so young. It's really sad. So now I just want to go and hug them all and start all over. I probably will. And ya'll know most kids would not throw rocks in windows if they were alone. But in a crowd of other kids they would.

Anyway, I really appreciate ya'lls support. I'm just feeling a little stupid at the moment.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  05:47:38 AM  Show Profile
Beth i agree with you as well. It is a problem unfortunatly not easily solved. Govt, trying to help has hurt in other ways. Kinda like the butterfly effect.

It truley is a case by case scenerio. Sometimes we can look at the root and it be the parents but other times it can just be the kids.

The question, what would Christ want to be done about these kids? Who is gonna be strong enough and selfless enough?
Put in that situation, unfortunatley, truth be told, I would dissapoint God and talk myself into that it is not MY responsibility. Yuck, I dont like me now. I am gonna go read Titus now.

~Kayce~

Check out PenPals for FarmKids http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38599
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  05:59:55 AM  Show Profile
Kayce, you are so funny. I know how you feel, though. I am always the one putting my foot in my big mouth and having to go back and fix things. God has a way with doing that to me. Let me know what you think after reading chapter 3.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  06:08:45 AM  Show Profile
I agree that children should be reared by the parents. I am a fan of Mary Pride on some areas. One point I want to make is that not everyone is equiped to raise their own children. I have found that this goes beyond socioeconomic and educational backgrounds. I think the family needs ministry. Ministry can vary, but finding out if there is a Boys & Girls Club in the area or some other resource to help is a form of it. It's ashame that we don't live in a better world but that's where we do need to seek God's wisdom. I have also come to understand that we may have different standards of life in general. Dr Ruby Payne has written some great stuff on the classes. Regardless parents must be accountable for their childrens actions.

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  06:44:41 AM  Show Profile
good for you kkristen !!!!!

http://1craftylady.blogspot.com http://www.shadowwsofthegoddess.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  06:48:51 AM  Show Profile
You did a great job!!! Next time, go with your camera, take pictures of the little vandal's being bad, then, rather than confront them, go to the police and present your evidence. A visit from the police will get these parents attention and keep them out of the yard. . . simply because they don't want the hassle of dealing with the police department. . . which could lead to the "children's welfare" being questioned etc.

Joanna #566
JojoNH

www.CountryCents.com
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  08:12:15 AM  Show Profile
I always carry a camera in my purse...I have on several occassions even pulled out my cell phone to look as if I am taking a pic and then pretended to be dialing and talking on the phone as if I were reporting a crime...Twice recently I got the "Stink Eye" but the guys left,,,watching me to see if I was still watching them...sometimes a bluff works to our advantage.
But ALWAYS remember to keep a safe distance, for your own safety.
I applaud you for doing the right thing, wish more people would...and as for those boys, to bad mama & daddy didn't "explain" right & wrong to them...."here ya go son,,,a BB gun, now go shoot your eye out or go shoot some birds, I don't care, just don't bother me!" sad huh!
That being said, there are some truly good parents out there....

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  09:55:47 AM  Show Profile
Joanna I agree with the welfare issue. If these children are let to run loose there has to be accountability. I believe God can work thru accountability! Everyone knows what they say about pictures being worth a thousand words. I have a police friend who says they can also be worth felony charges!!!!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  10:38:52 AM  Show Profile
Go Kris!!!! I would have done the exact same thing. Good for you for stepping up and doing what needed to be done for the good of Mrs. T and those boys.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Caught 'Em Red Handed! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page