Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Beginner Sewing Badge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Beginner Sewing Badge Next Topic  

blueshelties
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Angelyn
Toney Alabama
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  05:26:03 AM  Show Profile
Good morning,
I submitted a project for my beginner badge and I was wondering can anyone tell me about how long it takes to hear from them? Do they let you know that it has been received? I am trying to make sure it went out alright because I am going out of town for over a week and will not have access to a computer. I'm in no hurry really I just want to make sure I did it right:)
Thanks,
Angelyn
Farmgirl #960

Live the life you have imagined. H.D. Thoreau

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  06:28:23 AM  Show Profile
Angelyn I have found it depends on what is going on at MJF as to how long it takes. I just applied for a few badges (about a week ago) and it only took 2 days for them to respond but I have had it take up to a month. Yes they will notify you by email when you are awarded a badge. They do not send out an email acknowledging that they have received your entry. I worry everytime I send one in if I did it right but they always seem to get it. So my suggestion is just enjoy your time out of town and chances are it will be waiting for you when you get home. Be safe.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  09:28:56 AM  Show Profile
Angelyn - did you get a "thank you" notice after you sent the badge info? That lets you know that it actually got sent to MJF. I sent out two and did not get the message and waited and waited. Then I did some reading and found out that the numbers/letters you have to enter before sending are rather tricky and have to be entered just so. If that goes well you DO get a "thank you" response. If no response than you have to do it again. Hope that helps

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

blueshelties
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Angelyn
Toney Alabama
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  06:12:36 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ladiesI did get the Thank you so I should be good then. I'll just start working on another one
Angelyn

Live the life you have imagined. H.D. Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Kevin
Video/Merit Badge Farm Boy

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  11:04:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi Angelyn,
We try to get to the badges as quickly as possible but we often do have many things going on at once out here at the farm. I try to not let a submission wait more than a week though. Just some general info about submitting, if you are brought to a blank submission page after submitting then your application did not go through. For a successful submission you'll see a brand new page that says "Thank You for submitting," etc...
The main reason submissions don't go through is because the captcha image (security code) at the bottom wasn't entered correctly. They can be pretty tricky, just keep an eye on what case a letter is in and they're aren't any capital "Oh's" they're all zeros.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Beginner Sewing Badge Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page