Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2006 :  4:18:05 PM  Show Profile
GREAT DAY WITH ALL THE FAMILY, EAT TO MUCH, RAN AROUND TOO MUCH, EASTER EGG HUNT, DESSERTS, NEW PLANTS FROM ALL THE KIDS, AND EAT TOO MUCH.
NANCY JO

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2006 :  4:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Oh how I envy you!!!! First Easter ever no Easter baskets to hide, no kids, no family, no dinner. Emptying attic and packing van to move. It has been a very sad holiday. No new plants. boohoo!

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

akcowgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Valerie
Homer Alaska
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2006 :  6:23:45 PM  Show Profile  Send akcowgirl a Yahoo! Message
Oh Betty Jo
You post made me tear up. You have lots of happy easter vibes comeing from your friends here at MJ'S.
my easter was ok. Went to brunch with my grandma, dad and stepmom. Dear other half is away at sea with work. Holidays are always bittersweet these days because i am always wondering if it will be my last with my grandma. She is not doing very well. Well hope everyone else had a good easter.

Valerie
Yes, I live in my own little world. But that's ok they know me here.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2006 :  6:42:41 PM  Show Profile
Betty, sending comforting thoughts your way I know it's not always easy. Sometimes holidays aren't what we think they should be. Hope it's better for you.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2006 :  6:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello,
I know the bittersweet with Grandma. My dearest Grandma went home to our Lord two years ago May 2nd, two weeks after her sister April 18th. So this time of year is always sad along with no family this year. Thanks for all the Easter vibes. I miss the desserts and left over ham for scalloped potatoes and pea soup.

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2006 :  9:30:32 PM  Show Profile
It is 9:30pm and I am still full! Had a great day today. SUnrise service with the church, breakfast before church, church service,got to sing with my girls, then lunch with friends.
Sorry Betty Jo for your day. Wish you could have join us!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2006 :  06:00:03 AM  Show Profile
oh gurlz .. i had a most marvelous and fun day in town at our blossoms and blessings festival! our town sure knows how to celebrate together! will post some pictures soon!

got home at about 5:00 p.m. ... had SUCH a hankerin' to put my arms around that adorable little grandson lucas .. and to "pat my daughter's belly" where the new baby resides! so .. i just upped and grabbed my toothbrush, some clean scivvies and my MAKE-UP of course! and hit the road! 7 hours later .. i was walking through the door .. and went directly to their bedroom where they were sleeping soundly and did just that!!

had a sweeeeeeeet sweeeeeeet easter with son-in-love's family ... and today ... we are going TOY shopping and 'maternity clothes' shopping .. before i head back to my home sweet kentucky home tuesday morning ... OF COURSE i will stop here and there to do some fun 'antiquing'! THEN .. get home to those puppies and sweep the crumbs under the rugs for that dozen FARMGIRLS who will be arriving on Friday morning!

hope you all had a blessed easter!

xoxo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2006 :  3:38:39 PM  Show Profile
Easter dinner with the family was on Saturday. Probably the last Easter with all of the family. (Long story). Anyway, filled up on all the good eats - yams, stuffing, turkey, mashed potato, broccoli, corn, brussel sprouts, rice (damn good with gravy!)- and had lots of laughs. My mom and her sisters remininced about growing up in rural Japan having nothing and making their own toys. Apparently, my Mom would stick straw into a frog and blow it up for a toy. They also remember using green onions to catch fireflies (the original glow stick).

Yesterday, with my cousin and my sister, we headed to Kensington Market in downtown Toronto for an Easter Egg hunt. 5000 eggs were hidden with inspiration messages inside. We got there a quite a bit late because we only found 5 eggs! Ah well. It was fun though. And we got to eat empanadas for lunch. Yum! -Cat
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic NEED TO LAY DOWN NOW!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page