Ozark Farm Girl
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Maryan
Green Forest AR
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  6:32:15 PM  Show Profile
This story could have a very bad ending, but it is good and I have to share it. Today my DH was off for a vacation day (work day at home). So he decided to clean our stovepipe. We heat with woodstove in our log cabin, it is highopen ceiling and the pipe has to be cleaned often. We have a VERY steep roof, he got up and cleaned the chimney, but when he started down he began to slip and completely froze up. He is 6ft. 230 lb. "manly man". So little wife, 5 ft. 115 lb., finds a rope and after about 15 tries managed to throw him the end and tie the other end to the opposite side porch post. He was then able to come down the roof to the ladder while holding the rope. Now he says I rescued him. It is a funny story with a good ending. I just thank God he did not fall. It is a long way down.

Maryan

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  6:34:52 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is so neat Maryan! I am so glad he is ok! how funny!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  6:56:06 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like you saved the day.....good job Maryan, and welcome to MJF!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  7:00:47 PM  Show Profile
Tiny but Mighty! Good Job!

http://www.mandolinbabe.info

http://www.mandolinbabe.net

@MandolinChick on Twitter
mando pickin & fiddle sawin' Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  7:15:18 PM  Show Profile
Maryan, that was a good save. I would have been terrified. Well, my hubby would not have been up on our roof. He's afraid of heights. I bet he's glad you were there.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  06:51:59 AM  Show Profile
Mine actually fell off our roof once. We lived in Alaska, the house was three stories and he went up on the roof in the winter to adjust the TV antenna. My little girl was playing in the dining room. She said "Mom something big just went past the window". I said it was probably a bird. She said no Mom it went down and it was really big. I went and looked and my Hubby was getting up off the ground. He wasn't hurt thank goodness but he is more cautious now getting up on the roof.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Ozark Farm Girl
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Maryan
Green Forest AR
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  06:57:59 AM  Show Profile
Beth, that is scary. I am so glad he didn't get hurt. 3 stories down!! thats a long fall. I don't want to think of what would have happened if my hubby fell. Thank God he didn't. We are laughing about it today :) His nickname for me has been mighty mouse, now he will probably use it more.
Maryan
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  07:34:06 AM  Show Profile
I climbed up on the roof more than once and like your husband one time I froze. It was only a one story house but I still froze until my mom said don't worry I'll get Terry and he can help you down, I was a little afraid of Terry so I managed to get down myself but it was scary.
When I first moved up here I heard a man yelling he was only 2 houses away so I went to check it out. His ladder had fallen so I picked it up and he got down. He was on a roof that was maybe 6 feet off the ground and he was about 5'10.
My DH and I went on vacation and stopped at a look out tower that was 3 stories tall and solid as they come, I don't think a train could of moved that thing. Jim climbed the stairs to the top. I made it to the top but my knee's were shaking. It really scared me, it was strange.
Your a good wife, I wonder how many women would of pretended to not know what was happening.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  12:12:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, glad you were home to save him!!! Being on a roof in the winter is about the scariest thing I can think of. No matter what type of roof or how many stories tall. . . won't catch me up there, no siree!!

Joanna #566
JojoNH

www.CountryCents.com
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  12:48:49 PM  Show Profile
Wahoo!!! SUPER FARMGIRLS TO THE RESCUE

~Kayce~

Check out PenPals for FarmKids http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38599
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmgirl to the rescue Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page